• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cancel USAA FL homeowners insurance

CaliStyle

Well I just received a call from USAA saying that my homeowners insurance policy will eventually be canceled since I don't live in FL anymore. Does anybody have any suggestions on decently affordable homeowners insurance in FL besides USAA?

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
American Standard Insurance through AAA. That is who I went through after USAA cancelled me. USAA told me they would only insure me at my primary residence, and wouldn't give me a renter dwelling (Fire insurance) policy for my other home.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well I just received a call from USAA saying that my homeowners insurance policy will eventually be canceled since I don't live in FL anymore. Does anybody have any suggestions on decently affordable homeowners insurance in FL besides USAA?

You don't give much info to support your arguement. In fact, the information that you do give doesn't really tell us anything.

CaliStyle

That post makes sense. I currently have full homeowners insurance for my FL home that I'm renting out right now. Since I don't live in FL and am renting out my home, USAA said they would "most likely" cancel my policy within 1 year. Does anybody have any suggestions for cheap fire insurance besides AAA?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

That post makes sense. I currently have full homeowners insurance for my FL home that I'm renting out right now. Since I don't live in FL and am renting out my home, USAA said they would "most likely" cancel my policy within 1 year. Does anybody have any suggestions for cheap fire insurance besides AAA?

Maybe in your head it does. No where in your first post do you say that you:

1. Own a home in FL.
2. Rent out a home in FL.

In addition, the title of your thread seems to recommend that all of us cancel our USAA FL homeowners insurance. You haven't really given anyone any good reasons to, other than it does not meet your needs.

CaliStyle

To clear up the confusion, I meant the post that jus2mch posted a link to makes sense. My OP was confusing. I'm just trying to get ideas for cheap insurance, not confuse everybody.
Cheers.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
To clear up the confusion, I meant the post that jus2mch posted a link to makes sense. My OP was confusing. I'm just trying to get ideas for cheap insurance, not confuse everybody.

Aha, it actually does all make sense now.

I have been giving you a hard time because I, like many others here, have had positive experiences with USAA.

snake020

Contributor
Does anyone renting their home out still have their insurance through USAA? Curious if this applies to every state since insurance is different state to state and I may be in this boat soon in AK.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone renting their home out still have their insurance through USAA? Curious if this applies to every state since insurance is different state to state and I may be in this boat soon in AK.

I own a home in Washington that I rent out that is still insured through USAA, so I think it is a FL only thing.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
The reps at USAA told me it was just a FL thing, but I haven't talked to the in a few months so it might have changed. The last time I spoke to USAA they told me that once the insurance rates were allowed to be adjusted it is very likely that I could get a fire policy through them. They only problem is all of the politics involved. To clarify ASI insurance is not AAA. AAA just has insurance reps that help you find homeowners insurance. You can call ASI yourself without even going through AAA. USAA will also provide a list of insurance companies for you to choose from.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
We own a home in Florida, are renting it, and are living in a rented home in Maine right now. So far (and we're holding our breath) USAA has said nothing about canceling or not renewing our policy in Florida. We have both homeowners and renters insurance with them.

ciaravinov

Its not all bananas&dancing with toothbrushes
USAA's new policy for Florida is that they will not insure homes in Florida unless the policy owner is living in the Florida home. They are trying to get out of the state as much as possible to reduce liability, but they aren't completely pulling out right away to keep from getting bad press. It's a new policy. Give them time and they will find you non in-state homeowners. If you slip through the crack then good for you!

Kelli

We have a house in Jacksonville which we're currently renting out, and I just got a renewal notice in the mail from USAA - I think we may have squeaked by because our homeowners insurance on our primary home (in Maine - hi M!) is through another company. Then again, you'd think they'd figure out we don't live in the FL house based on the coverage.

Maybe they're more diligent in weeding out coverage in really high risk areas...