• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you go over 30 years?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:D
Wow, with his E time, he probably got a slight raise upon retirement. Nice timing Colonel!:D
BzB

Try a pretty big raise, he was wounded at least twice in Vietnam and had a whole host of other issues with his back, knees and other parts and pieces that creaked and groaned regularly (he sat right behind me and I often heard him lamenting about them, told him he sounded like an Italian grandmother). I asked him how big his medical record was and in all seriousness said it filled several folders several inches thick, he seemed to spend most of his last 6 months on active duty going to military and VA medical appointments.

Renegade One

None
Can'r quote you chapter and verse, but I believe the deal is even better for FO/GOs…who's pay is sometimes "capped" at less than full pay-scale remuneration, but upon retirement, their share (often >100% after 40 years) is based on "full pay". Good for them….