• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I get PRK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just schedule my pre opp appointment for PRK. MY question is I have a astigmatism of -4.75 with 20/50 vision has anyone else on this site that had a astigmatism like mine or worse, did you have problems getting PRK,

I want to hear from anyone that had an expeirence similar.

Thanks Shannon

junfan26

Snake Griffin
I just got PRK...my refraction was -6.50 and -7.00. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes, with NO halo effects. You should not have any problems getting the surgery

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
A&P, are you asking for the pre-operation Navy requried numbers?

If so, here's the site (sight?): <http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Text/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/default.htm>

I have seen the NOMI website. I do understand I am outside of the limits but I am not for the Army.

To anyone who wants to know the Army is the only branch that will except Lasik and PRK and they will approve you even if your astimatism was over -3.00 before the surgery but it must correct you better than -1.00 with 20/20.

perotti17

A&P-

I had astigmatism and started wearing HARD contact lenses for a few years. These contacts fixed my astigmatism. According to my surgeon, they made my eyes better conditioned for PRK. I had -8.00, -6.50 and am now seeing 20/15. I had my surgery 18 months ago, so I know my vision is stable. I am not sure that you have time to switch to hard contacts, but if you do, its something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.