• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can I fly jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Brett327 said:
... I can only imagine what someone on the ground could have thought upon seeing a garbage bag filled with sh!t flying through the air.

Where were you? I can think of a couple of places I wouldn't mind dropping a bag of sh!t on ... :eek:

TransvestFO

Seven years of college, down the drain.
This stuff is great. I have been out of the plane for a little while but this brings back some great memories. I spent some time in the airwing and some time as a P-3 guy and they are both great. I wouldn't trade either or do it any different if I had the opportunity. Oh, the stories I could tell. The things I've seen grown men (and women) do. There is just no where else this is available at our pay rate.

...when you and your buddy tried to make it with that cow, ... I want to party with you cowboy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MARINESNA said:
2) As far as the airlines jobs I know quite a few reservists here in Meridian that are airline pilots and several who are applying to become pilots. I assure you that they did not have intentions of using the military to get them to the airlines. If flying for the airlines was that great they would not continue to come back to Meridian to fly as instructors. All I hear is how they love both jobs, but training SNA's is much more rewarding.

The rest of your post represents nice thoughts --- but this stuff (above) is completely false -- or if you don't think so -- O.K. , I have a bridge in/around Brooklyn for sale that I would like to show you. :)
brooklyn2_bridge_1.jpg

Listen: EVERY military pilot who is in the airlines had EVERY intent on using the military to get qualified for entry into the airlines. How do you think they intended on getting the flight time? Rich Daddy ?? If they tell you otherwise ... O.K., well, what can I say? :)

Flying for the airlines is/is not necessarily "great" for any given individual (it's all relative). But they come back to Meridian to instruct as a BACK-UP to their airline job -- to get UNCLE's retirement on 20 years or to provide a pad in the event of furlough -- a very real possibility these days. If they tell you otherwise ... O.K., well, what can I say? :)

I'm sure some of them "love" both jobs -- but training STUDS is "more rewarding"?? ... O.K., well, what can I say? :)

A suggestion: Lighten up a little bit ... you will enjoy life a little more and be a better SNA (that's "STUD" in the old days ...) -- a better aviator -- and a better officer. :)

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Yeah my old roomate was a reserve LCDR(now he is CDR XO of some reserve training squadron) He flew P-3s for a little bit and then moved to the airlines. He made some pretty good money doing that but got laid off after 9-11. Now he works at NAS Pax.

MARINESNA

A suggestion: Lighten up a little bit ... you will enjoy life a little more and be a better SNA (that's "STUD" in the old days ...) -- a better aviator -- and a better officer. :)

FOR A4sforever

Well I am glad that you agree with the majority of things that I said in this forum. As for lightening up, well I have. The job I had before this was a lot more intense in some matters. I love flying jets, My response was a reply to dustydog telling students to forget about jets. That is wrong. So yes I may have come off strong, but hey I am a MARINE. But thanks for the suggestion, always looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.