• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can Berkley CA become more anti-military?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Or my all time fav
poster75517795xb1.jpg

rockiesguy

Hilarious...

I'd hate to return to the original topic of conversation, but as another rotc alumn of berkely I'd have to add my whites in berkeley story. Occaisonally we do get heckled by the barely coherent former hippy, but once while getting food before naval science class I actually had a bum try to buy my dinner. And would not let me pay despite my protestations. I did manage to slip the cashier a five so my new friend would not go hungry (or sober) that night.

As we used to 9 out of 10 girls in california are hot...and the 10th goes to berkeley

Thank god for sororities

Go Bears

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Hilarious...

I'd hate to return to the original topic of conversation, but as another rotc alumn of berkely I'd have to add my whites in berkeley story. Occaisonally we do get heckled by the barely coherent former hippy, but once while getting food before naval science class I actually had a bum try to buy my dinner. And would not let me pay despite my protestations. I did manage to slip the cashier a five so my new friend would not go hungry (or sober) that night.

As we used to 9 out of 10 girls in california are hot...and the 10th goes to berkeley

Thank god for sororities

Go Bears

I wish I knew a thing about ROTC while I was in Berkeley, the only ROTC I kind of checked out was the Air Force and the recruiter or whoever he was, was a dick and didn't help much. When I finally decided that I wanna pursue my childhood dream (2 years after college), I went straight into the Navy recruiting office because of the bad impression that one air force recruiter left in my head... this is why I believe that things happen for a reason because I couldn't be happier at the moment knowing that I'll be joining the best =) Thank God the Air Force recruiter was a dick. :D

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
And we used to say that 80% of the women in the world are beautiful, the other 20% join the Navy.

Isn't that a good thing? Could you imagine if the 80% of the world that are beautiful joined the Navy? I'd be mad at the world because of the whole fraternization policy or something like that... That means that I wouldn't be able to hook up with any of the world's hottest women... i mean correct me if I'm wrong but you're not allowed to date/hook-up with those you work with right? I'd rather have those restrictions placed on the other 20% who I wouldn't be interested in ANYWAY. :D

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Isn't that a good thing? Could you imagine if the 80% of the world that are beautiful joined the Navy? I'd be mad at the world because of the whole fraternization policy or something like that... That means that I wouldn't be able to hook up with any of the world's hottest women... i mean correct me if I'm wrong but you're not allowed to date/hook-up with those you work with right? I'd rather have those restrictions placed on the other 20% who I wouldn't be interested in ANYWAY. :D

Maybe it has changed, but O's can hook up with O's and E's can hook up with E's. There is no reg that says you can't hook up with a co-worker (indeed, a new female ensign (non-pilot) was assigned to our squadron and was pregnant within 6 months). They just have to be in the same status as you (O, E). So if the hottest women were in the Navy, there is a good chance that a significant portion of them would be in the same status as you and therefore "hook up-able". So with that new viewpoint, are you sure you still want all the ugly ones in the Navy?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Won't matter to me either way, I'll be on submarines. So unless the Navy decides to fork over millions of dollars to enable subs to flush tampons, it's playboy + happy sock for 6 months for me. woohoo.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe it has changed, but O's can hook up with O's and E's can hook up with E's. There is no reg that says you can't hook up with a co-worker (indeed, a new female ensign (non-pilot) was assigned to our squadron and was pregnant within 6 months). They just have to be in the same status as you (O, E). So if the hottest women were in the Navy, there is a good chance that a significant portion of them would be in the same status as you and therefore "hook up-able". So with that new viewpoint, are you sure you still want all the ugly ones in the Navy?
Partial Bad Gouge Alert. There also can't be a senior/subordinate relationship or it is still considered frat between two O's. Oh, and wise man says: Don't dip your pen in company ink. Do you want to have fly/cruise with an ex? I've seen two couples go through the RAG here and both were assigned to separate squadrons . . .

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Partial Bad Gouge Alert.

Not surprised. I am looking through a twenty-years-ago lens

There also can't be a senior/subordinate relationship or it is still considered frat between two O's.

I was intentionally general in my post. I was counting on the above average intelligence of your standard AW forum poster to understand the senior/subordinate thing.

Oh, and wise man says: Don't dip your pen in company ink.

Wise man may say it, but LOTS of people ignore it. To their undoing.

Do you want to have fly/cruise with an ex?

No I wouldn't, but it wouldn't stop me from having fun at somebody else's expense who was cruising with an ex.

I've seen two couples go through the RAG here and both were assigned to separate squadrons . . .

Gotta remember I'm old-fashioned Navy. I don't think it is ever a good idea for two active duty military people to be married to each other. I think those that make that sort of arrangement work are the exception (phrogpilot73 and Phrog'sShoeWife come to mind), rather than the rule.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Won't matter to me either way, I'll be on submarines. So unless the Navy decides to fork over millions of dollars to enable subs to flush tampons, it's playboy + happy sock for 6 months for me. woohoo.

Don't worry, on subs 150 dudes go down, 75 couples come back up. The key is to shiv someone early so you're not the bitch....

Wait, I think I'm confusing that with something else.....:eek::D