• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CALLING ALL JUNE 2 OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

quote:
No more House of Pain.

Ahh..true.
They moved it into Batt1 and hung the sign in the p-way, and the DI's all have their offices there but it's not the same. They still haven't decided whether or not the new house of admin is a ballistic area or not. The SUYAs are still there tho..
BTW, Beaty and I really enjoyed your visit to our humble digs those few weeks ago! We were just commisioned yesterday, and pretty much still floating up there. Got nine days of leave to burn before returning to class up for API, either 23 or 30th April.

ENS Fossum, USNR

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ENS Fossum, aka Kraftwerk, congratulations on getting commissioned, enjoy your time off and best of luck in API and training!

Kyle McWhirter

Thought I would revive this topic. Anyone planning on going to P-Cola a couple days early or want to meet up before we report on the 2nd? I am making plans now so let me know. I think we should take a field trip to go see Pearl Harbor before we report on Saturday also...just a thought to get us prepped for Navy life.

unfUSN

Sounds great to me... I would love to meet up with as many people as possible before clas starts. How early are you planning on going out there? Where are you going to stay?

ATP

Thought I would revive this topic. Anyone planning on going to P-Cola a couple days early or want to meet up before we report on the 2nd? I am making plans now so let me know. I think we should take a field trip to go see Pearl Harbor before we report on Saturday also...just a thought to get us prepped for Navy life.

[/quote]

Derrill Thompson

Hey guys,

Won't be able to meet up earlier than Friday night, the 31st of May. The wife will be about 7 months pregnant by that time and I don't think leaving early for training would be a smooth move on my part.

Don't worry though, we'll have three months to get to know each other. If this is anything like my enlisted basic training, we'll be best friends by the second night. That's usually when the "loners" come to their senses and realize they can't get through by themselves.

Can't wait. The whole thing is just like a roller coaster ride. Remember sitting in the front car, listening to the "click click click" of the car being pulled up that first hill. Believe me, once this roller coaster turns over the top of that hill, gravity takes over. 13 weeks of waving your arms in the air and screaming. Sweet!

I guess the really cool thing is that when the ride is over, we get a cool pay raise, and get to start flight training.

The Sarge

Kyle McWhirter

ATP and Sarge...I will probably go down no earlier than the 31st. Are our recruiters supposed to arrange travel plans for us? If not, I can change a round trip ticket on United and get there any time. There is a girl coming from my recruiting office, was just at her house for Easter, and she wants to come early as well. As far as a place to stay...we can always figure that out.

Sarge...good call on not leaving too early with the wifey 7 months pregnant. Seeing your baby for the first time will be a rollercoaster ride- as you put it-in itself.

So that makes four of us so far. There are two other guys from my district that are in our class but haven't met them yet. I'll email my recruiter to see what the deal is with the flight. I'll keep you posted.

Kyle

Walker

Looks like I missed the boat on the June 2 class. They gave me a class date of June 9 , just one week shy because the june 2 class was full. If anyone is going in on June 9 let me know.

unfUSN

I was thinking about getting to P-cola on the 30 or 31. I'm driving there with my fiance... its about 6 hours from where I am in Jacksonville, FL.

Just keep me up to speed on your plans so we can all meet up.

ATP

unfUSN

Kyle, Have you made any travel plans for P-cola? I'm about 90% sure I'll be there on the 30th. I'm meeting a friend of mine in Tallahassee on the 26th and I'll probably stay there a couple of days and head to p-cola after that. I'll post my hotel info when I reserve one.

Later
ATP

Kyle McWhirter

ATP,

No travel plans as of yet. I spoke to my recruiter to see if he would arrange my plan ticket. From what he said, we don't actually need to report until the 3rd but I would like to get there and see Pcola before we become endendured servants...haha. Keep me up to date on what is going on.

Kyle

Kyle McWhirter

I have been anticipating OCS for the good and the bad. I know it will suck and the getting-nervous-feeling will probably kick in the minute I get on the plane for Pcola. I will adopt the quote I believe the SEALs use..."the only easy day was yesterday."

I spoke to the processor at my recruiting station and I will more than likely fly from Oakland, CA on the 1st or 2nd. I was trying to get an earlier flight but he didn't seem to go along with it. So I guess I will meet everyone down there on the 2nd at the latest. I don't want to walk in on the 3rd by myself. Buddy system fellas!

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
So we're supposed to check in at 9am on Saturday, and they'll stamp our orders and tell us to come back at 9am on Sunday?

Also, could you walk us through the first couple days/first week? Or are we not supposed to get gouged up on that?

Thanks!

Ed Williams

I understand the importance of having sealed lips and all, but a little information that may just help out some soon to be fellow ens. couldn't hurt anything!
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.