• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

calculus based physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-wing

do i really have to take this? sounds like a pain....... What other classes will i have to take?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I didn't do ROTC, so I don't know about what other classes you'll have to take, but I know the Navy wants its ROTC students to take a year of Calc and calc-based physics regardless of major, so that all midshipmen (ROTC or Academy) are qualified for the Nuclear Programs when it comes to service selection.

snizo

Supply Officer
Yes. Scholarship Navy (non-nursing) ops have to take calculus based physics, calculus, English, computer science, and a foreign policy/national security class in addition to Navy classes and whatever is required for your degree.

Meridiani

Hey, no worries--physics is actually easier when you've had calculus. I hated the algebra-based physics class I took in highschool, but I ended up majoring in physics in college. Trust me, it's makes much more sense once you know that acceleration, velocity, and distance are all related by simple derivatives.
icon_smile.gif

JWallAvionic

I am taking it this year in High School, advanced placement, mine is a mix of Alg, Calc and trig, so kinnda a steep learning curve earlier this year. Probably will take it in college but who knows :)

twidget

Deskaholic
Calc and physics both scared the crap out of me until I actually took them. Turns out they're not so bad after all. All I took in highschool was algebra, but after an algebra summer refresher and a few nights spent with a trig book I got all A's and B's in calc and calc-based physics.

It's fun too! Well, some of it anyway.

I think calc and physics students tell horror stories just to impress.
mischievous_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.