• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CA state official false Medal of Honor claim defended as Freedom of Speech

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Alvarez's lawyer Brianna J. Fuller argued in the motion to dismiss, which will be heard Jan. 14 in federal court, that "protecting the reputation of military decorations" is not a compelling enough reason to place "restrictions on false statements."

Hmm....

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Perhaps I'll try that one next time I'm deposed or on the witness stand.

"Hey, you know Your Honor....free speech and all"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
People hide behind "free speech" when they don't want to accept the responsibility for their foolish actions, especially when it isn't even a free speech issue.

schwarti

Contributor
At least we know that the "it's a free country, I can do what I want" defense is going to go over like a lead balloon.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That's it...I'm gonna start wearing every single ribbon, badge, and medal possible. I'm sure the UCMJ will look upon it favorably if this guy sets a precedent and gets through.

Nose

pilot
That's it...I'm gonna start wearing every single ribbon, badge, and medal possible. I'm sure the UCMJ will look upon it favorably if this guy sets a precedent and gets through.

Mike,

I share your frustration at this ass-bag and his hijinks, but remember, he is not subject to the UCMJ you are. He is not obligated to the Code of Conduct, you are.

In my opinion, that is why a military member deserves special recognition and honor in society (which often you get).

Just remember - in this case, there is no doubt, the guy is a moron and you are better than him. Don't let him drag you down to his level, stay better than him.

Nose

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Mike,

I share your frustration at this ass-bag and his hijinks, but remember, he is not subject to the UCMJ you are. He is not obligated to the Code of Conduct, you are.

In my opinion, that is why a military member deserves special recognition and honor in society (which often you get).

Just remember - in this case, there is no doubt, the guy is a moron and you are better than him. Don't let him drag you down to his level, stay better than him.

Nose

Well said.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Problem is that with the past record of the US Circuit Court of Appeals in California, the jerk might just get away with it.