• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C130 Selection

I am currently in flight school and have been hearing that C130s will be available for selection "soon" on the Navy side. Just wondering if anyone knows more details about this (squadrons locations, size, etc.) or if it's all just rumors. Thanks!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am currently in flight school and have been hearing that C130s will be available for selection "soon" on the Navy side. Just wondering if anyone knows more details about this (squadrons locations, size, etc.) or if it's all just rumors. Thanks!

All Navy C-130's are in reserve squadrons, and Navy reserve squadrons don't take direct accessions from flight school. The only time they have taken folks straight out of flight school in the last 25-30 or so years was a one-off for a small group about 16-18 years ago. So not likely, unless another exception to the rule has been made recently.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't imagine why they'd be taking any Navy Cat 1s to go Herks. Like @Flash said, the C-130 VRs are all Reserve squadrons. The exception he refers to was a RIF mitigation measure, trying to avoid cutting well-performing studs due to budget woes.

Don't listen to ENSINT. Unless and until something comes direct from STUCON, treat it as fiction.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
I've heard nothing about us taking Cat 1 guys into the reserves again.

TACAMO supposedly going back to C-130's in the future. Maybe that's what the rumor mill is about. From this article still seems a couple years away.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard nothing about us taking Cat 1 guys into the reserves again.

TACAMO supposedly going back to C-130's in the future. Maybe that's what the rumor mill is about. From this article still seems a couple years away.

Probably. Some self-appointed Lead Ensign read that article and started some rumors. The EC-130 revival is a long, log way from fruition, if it happens at all. Definitely not anywhere close to taking Cat 1 nuggets "soon."