• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C`MON NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyOCS

Has any one heard of something so ridiculous? I took the ASVAB in december due to my SAT scores not being high enough in high school. I scored a 72. Needed a 74. Then I took the ASTB and did well. 6`s and 54. Ok, then this month I retook the ASVAB and scored a 94. Yeah I studied quite a bit cause I did not want to score too low again. Here is the kicker! My recuiter called me friday and said that I have to retake the damn thing because I scored more than 20 points higher the second time. Apparantly the computer raised a red flag and now questions of the integrity of the test and myself are raised. Im pissed and had to vent. My rec. are pissed. Has anyone heard about this?

cricechex

I haven't heard anything, but excellent job! I sincerely hope you don't have to spend another three hours on that same dumb test. But do what you gotta to get where you want to go man. It's only another bump in the road.

Integer

Banned
Just go up another 20 points. Get to 114th percentile.

That'll show 'em! Also, could it be that whether or not the recruiter is lying or not, maybe he's in hot water (or feels like he's in hot water) because others also had huge improvements on the test in the same period, and they think he's helping his recruits. In this case, his boss might have asked him to ask his recruits to retake it just to calm the waters so to speak.

NavyOCS

actually the part they look at only tops out at the 99 percentile. But that very well may have been the case. I took the stupid "conformation" test and scored a 93 for the second time in a row. Its all water under the bridge now, I am already selected for PLC-C this summer. Ha ha cant wait!

soonerBDCP

I was a recruiter three years ago, this is a stupid rule that meps testing requires. anytime an applicant scores more than 20 points above his previous test score he must re-take. stupid as hell, and many times have I came close to missing quota because of it. The thing is that some poelpe take the test in High school and are not doing their best and then when they really are interested in joining they score more than 20 points over. sucks I know but it is the rules, its not your recruiter.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
was that comment for real?!?
banghead_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.