• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C-9s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck

According to the Navy fact file, the Marines can fly the C-9 Skytrain.
However, when it comes to the Marine fact file, it does not mention it as a platform it can choose. So, can Marines choose to fly the C-9?

Edited by - Buck on 08/14/2002 16:46:51

Rainman

pilot
It is my understanding from a Marine Corps Times article a few months back that USMC flies one C-9 for executive transport. We also just picked up some sort of Cessna twin turbojet for similar role. It is a "little known fact." No, you can't select to fly such platforms at flight school. I suppose you'd need to be a Herc driver with a bunch of hours and put in for the xfer.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The squadron SOES (I can't remember what the hell it stands for) is stationed at Cherry Pit and has 2 C-9's. The Corps also has a myriad of C-12's based at every air station and a G-4 for the commandant based at NAF Andrews. Believe it or not, most of the pilots that fly the C-9's are helicopter pilots. Usually a twilight tour for retiring officers or officers passed over for promotion. Obviously, its a good way to get flight time for the airlines. It can't be selected at flight school so don't even think about it. Semper, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.