• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Buh-Bye, 7562s

KBayDog

Doesn't apply to us who weren't eligible for the Money for Nothing, until they stopped offering the blood money. That boat sailed, and I missed the movement.

What needs to happen is an audit of the 7562 list to pull out all of the 7531s and 7532s whose MOSs haven't been updated. There are entirely too many dudes in Ospreytown, USA who are still on the books as 7562s.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I like how it says that it will not affect career progression. Why would you stop taking your bonus if you are planning to stay in anyway, as being worried about career progression would imply?

Do you have to pay the bonus back? What if you put two bonus checks together and bought a used Chevy with it?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
I like how it says that it will not affect career progression. Why would you stop taking your bonus if you are planning to stay in anyway, as being worried about career progression would imply?
I was wondering the same thing.

Major Smuckatelli, 7562, walks into the Skippers office after reading this MarAdmin - "Sir, I want to put in for the Voluntary Early Release from ACP."

Lt Col Moto-phrog Guy - "Why?"

Major Smuckatelli - "Uh, well, since I didn't get picked up for transition, this will let me get out of the Corps sooner."

Lt Col Moto-phrog Guy - "Oh, really? Ok, just route me the paperwork, I'll sign it."

Major Smuckatelli - "It'll be on your desk this afternoon, sir." ... like a moto-TBS LT that phrog guys are, Major Smuckatelli snaps to attention, takes a step back, says "good morning, sir", does an about face and leaves the Skippers office.

Skipper picks up the phone and calls the MAG PSD..."didn't you say the MAG needed to fill an IA billet to <insert some shithole country>...I have a name for you."

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I know a grand total of 2 phrog pilots, and even I caught that that was sarcastic. Emoticons not always required.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Have you MET many Phrog guys?!? Unless you forgot a smilie, that doesn't sound like ANY Phrog guys I know...
not officially, DADT hasn't been fully repealed yet.

kidding aside, yes, "moto-TBS LT that phrog guys are" was a joke. The rest was serious though, across all platforms. One must keep his cards close these days.

S/F

KBayDog

Skipper picks up the phone and calls the MAG PSD..."didn't you say the MAG needed to fill an IA billet to <insert some shithole country>...I have a name for you."

Yup. And, at some point in the not-too-distant future, the Corps is going to run out of bodies in the 7562 staff/IA working party pool. What community is going to fill the vacuum?

I get it - we're all "MAGTF Officers." However, come promotion time, we're promoted/screened based on our MOSs. Phrog dudes (I'm talking junior Majors and below) who are going to stay in, and not go to another platform (either by choice or design), are going to wind up doing the "MAGTF Officer" thing as utility players. Since they're going to stick around and essentially fill whatever billets are out there, why can't there be a "MAGTF Officer" MOS (maybe along the lines of the 8006 billet designator) so that they can continue to be competitive for promotion and retention?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
We're promoted based independently of MOS.

We're screened for command and other jobs based on MOS.

The fact that the MOS screened jobs determine who gets promoted is immaterial.

Get it? I didn't think so. Nobody does. It's all smoke and mirrors.

My annual HQMC kick in the jimmies is only a month or so away. Yay!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I get it - we're all "MAGTF Officers." However, come promotion time, we're promoted/screened based on our MOSs.

Certainly not on MOS proficiency.

"MAGTF officer" is probably more promotable than "squadron pilot."

KBayDog

Certainly not on MOS proficiency.

"MAGTF officer" is probably more promotable than "squadron pilot."

*Sigh* Trying to fix the promotion/retention system is akin to writing Gazette articles trying to convince us to drop LUX levels in NVD training. No reason why it can't happen, except that you're fighting City Hall. It just ain't going to happen.

I'll just continue to wonder how much more effective (not to mention safer) we could be if we were able to focus on our MOS proficiency (not T&R "Proficiency"...don't get me started on that term...) rather than DTS claims, stocking TP in the heads, or networking dozens of computers. Wouldn't it be great if there were school-trained officers who could handle the admin and logistics? ;) (There'll never be a way to quantify it, but I've got to think that our materiel readiness would be higher, too, as we'd be better at effectively operating our aircraft within limits...and thus not bending them.)

It's Saturday morning. WTF am I doing on AW talking about things I cannot control? Time to turn to what I can control: Cereal and cartoons.