• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Breitling B-1's....Aerospace Avantage...Omega X-33 Gen II...For Sale

Citation3

I'm looking to reduce my collection of watches. If there is any interest in the following watches please PM me for prices. While I can't offer them at the price you all pay at the group buy rate I would like to recoup my original investment. All are priced a bit over the group buy prices and well below the regular retail price.

Additional images and condition of each piece upon request.

CVW-8 Aerospace Avantage - New in Box

AereospaceAvantage_12.jpg

B-1 F-18A Hornet

IMG_2105.jpg

B-1 VF-31

Tomcat9.jpg

Breitling Top Gun Emergency...Old style bracelet

IMG_2119.jpg

Aerospace Avantage..New in Box

IMG_2405.jpg

Omega X-33 Gen II

DSC_0046.jpg

Citation3

Holy crap, that was quick!

Yes it was. Any watch with a squadron logo or a history of being flown in combat are hot collectors items. One they get out on the web for sale at various sites, other than *b@y, they get snapped up rather quicky.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
So, what you are saying is before I fly in combat I should buy a ton of Timex Ironmans and wear one each day, then make a killing seling them afterwards?

Citation3

So, what you are saying is before I fly in combat I should buy a ton of Timex Ironmans and wear one each day, then make a killing seling them afterwards?

I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I didn't sell the watches "to make a killing." I simply don't need 15 Breilting/Omega squadron watches. I was just saying there is a strong market for these watches, especially the X-33 and the B-1, since they are no longer available to the public. I sold mine at prices that allowed me to recoup the cost I had in them. This is the last place I would try to make a buck knowing you all are familiar with the original buy pricing. Also, I think I have a good reputation here as respectable poster and would never want to jeopardize my standing.

Look at what has shown up for sale over the past few weeks on e%$y. There have been 6 Naval aviator X-33's that have all been sold between $2600-$2800 in the past 3 weeks. That is not a bad return on the $890 investment the owners had in the watch. I pay the premium prices as well because I enjoy the history behind the watch, not to flip them days later to make a few bucks.

Again, sorry to offend, if I did. I checked with the moderator after the posting to be sure it was okay and within the bounds of the forum.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Again, sorry to offend, if I did. I checked with the moderator after the posting to be sure it was okay and within the bounds of the forum.

What phrog said... I don't think anyone here has any doubt as to your intentions.. You've obviously got alot of love for this business.

phrogpilot73

I don't think anyone here has any doubt as to your intentions.. You've obviously got alot of love for this business.
And if they do doubt, all we have to do is show them the beautiful work you do with your models... Speaking of which, I think I forgot to PM you back about mine... Still have it - in the box, ready and waiting whenever you can get to it.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I didn't sell the watches "to make a killing." I simply don't need 15 Breilting/Omega squadron watches. I was just saying there is a strong market for these watches, especially the X-33 and the B-1, since they are no longer available to the public. I sold mine at prices that allowed me to recoup the cost I had in them. This is the last place I would try to make a buck knowing you all are familiar with the original buy pricing. Also, I think I have a good reputation here as respectable poster and would never want to jeopardize my standing.

Look at what has shown up for sale over the past few weeks on e%$y. There have been 6 Naval aviator X-33's that have all been sold between $2600-$2800 in the past 3 weeks. That is not a bad return on the $890 investment the owners had in the watch. I pay the premium prices as well because I enjoy the history behind the watch, not to flip them days later to make a few bucks.

Yep, just making a joke. I wear a Timex in the jet because its much easier to do a time hack on. Although I talked to a company at Tailhook this past weekend that engineered their watches to withstand an ejection. I thought that was pretty cool.