• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bought two new handguns today. Attn. A4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
000 Buck in the Benelli, 6 rounds of that and I may as well have hit you with a burst from a 240.

You like 000 buck? Never used it. I'm curious about 1 Buck, I've read good things.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
skidkid said:
Well I went out and bought the Springfield XD-9mm 4" today with the tritium sights. 10 days and its mine. Buying in cali isnt too bad, 10 vice 15 round mags though

Well I have a pair of XDs, I love them. Let me know next time you are in Vegas and we can go pick up some 15 round mags. Of if you need me to send you some as a "present" :D let me know.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
Well I have a pair of XDs, I love them. Let me know next time you are in Vegas and we can go pick up some 15 round mags. Of if you need me to send you some as a "present" :D let me know.

Not something to say on a public board. Trust me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Well I went out and bought the Springfield XD-9mm 4" today with the tritium sights. 10 days and its mine. Buying in cali isnt too bad, 10 vice 15 round mags though

I hate neutered low capacity magazines. I like my standard capacity 15 rounders for my SIG :)

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
You like 000 buck? Never used it. I'm curious about 1 Buck, I've read good things.

I just like the idea that each of my pellets are almost the same size as a .38 round. (.36 to be exact), so for each round I hit an threat with I may as well be unloading my .357 into them. Also the amount of distance your gonna have in a house shooting, spread isnt really going to happen, at least not the way that people seem to think. Contrary to popular belief you do actually have to aim a shotgun. I used to pack slugs, but Ive seen alot of research that shoes for amount of trauma induced immediately and the likelyhood of hitting a vital your better off with a small group of shot then a single big hole. Now Slugs are great for something like hunting where your target taking the hit, running, and bleeding out of the massive hole is fine. But at 10-15 feet coming up my stairs, possibly armed, and wanting to do god knows what to me, my roommate, and anyone else that might be spending the night, I want the threat down now. And at the rate I can unload that Benelli, that isnt a problem.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
I just like the idea that each of my pellets are almost the same size as a .38 round. (.36 to be exact), so for each round I hit an threat with I may as well be unloading my .357 into them. Also the amount of distance your gonna have in a house shooting, spread isnt really going to happen, at least not the way that people seem to think. Contrary to popular belief you do actually have to aim a shotgun. I used to pack slugs, but Ive seen alot of research that shoes for amount of trauma induced immediately and the likelyhood of hitting a vital your better off with a small group of shot then a single big hole. Now Slugs are great for something like hunting where your target taking the hit, running, and bleeding out of the massive hole is fine. But at 10-15 feet coming up my stairs, possibly armed, and wanting to do god knows what to me, my roommate, and anyone else that might be spending the night, I want the threat down now. And at the rate I can unload that Benelli, that isnt a problem.

If it's .36 then it's about the same size as a .38 ;-) (which is .357, as you know... gotta love naming conventions).

Yes, to all those listening, shotguns are not amazing scatter devices at most defensive ranges. You MUST aim.

Shotgun... everyone should have one :) (and an AR-15).

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
Shotgun... everyone should have one :) (and an AR-15).

Suprisingly enough I do not nor have I ever had an AR-15. The stars just havent lined up right enough to make me go get one. Now Ive looked at a few, and I know what Id get if I was gonna build one, but right now Ive got a Benelli M1 and a DSA SA58 Fal, Ill be good for a while. Besides I need to spend some good money on glass for the FAL, I shalt be the doom that sweeps across the land my name will be spoken in terror by ground hog and prairie dog alike. :icon_rage

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
Suprisingly enough I do not nor have I ever had an AR-15. The stars just havent lined up right enough to make me go get one. Now Ive looked at a few, and I know what Id get if I was gonna build one, but right now Ive got a Benelli M1 and a DSA SA58 Fal, Ill be good for a while. Besides I need to spend some good money on glass for the FAL, I shalt be the doom that sweeps across the land my name will be spoken in terror by ground hog and prairie dog alike. :icon_rage

Oooh I'd love a FAL.

Just got my monthly Century Arms catalog, they got genuine German P38s on sale. Must... have... one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
Is it illegal? Here in Nevada they are perfectly legal, sorry.

Is in California. Importation and possession of "high capacity" magazines. Not that I support that ridiculous law, but watch what you post on the internet.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
At least in MD we are allowed to have hi-cap mags. We just aren't allowed to complete a transaction to get them inside MD. IE purchase them or have them shipped here.

Solution: Have them delivered to the UPS store in Alexandria, make the 30min drive, and pick them up. Perfectly legal in every aspect.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
.........hi-cap mags. We just aren't allowed to complete a transaction to get them inside MD. ........Solution: Have them delivered to the UPS store in Alexandria, make the 30min drive, and pick them up. Perfectly legal in every aspect.

That is a perfect example of the insanity of many of the 20,000+ inane firearms laws currently on the books nationally .... I shouldn't even go there. Oh, wait, those laws are written to foil criminals, so they won't affect me, right??

Grant

Criminals dont buy brand new guns or accessories anyway. Nor do they buy legally, so its just dumb. Dumb I tell ya.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Of course, It really isn't about crime control in the first place --- that's a justification and rationalization --- it's about politics and people CONTROL .... just my $20 worth

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Of course, It really isn't about crime control in the first place --- that's a justification and rationalization --- it's about politics and people CONTROL .... just my $20 worth

Control. That's the key word.

Status
Not open for further replies.