• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Book's in... now what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
probably gonna get the message board equivalent of getting kicked in the teeth for this, but i got sick of searching and not finding anything useful.

my book just went in last week, applying for PLC juniors, 2nd increment this summer, and i'm wondering how long it'll take to hear back.
from what i've heard, 1st increment's the one to worry about getting into, but still.

and since i've got you guys reading this, got a buddy applying for the ten week deal this summer, since it's his last summer before he graduates. if he doesn't get picked up for this summer, and he graduates, how's he do OCS then? just go straight after graduation then jump into the next available TBS?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
First, I don't know how long it will take for the board to get back to you. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it takes eons. The boards don't change the criteria for acceptance based on whether you want 1st or 2nd increment. From my experience the OSO's determine which increment candidates get based on their needs, who was selected first, etc. It seems pretty late for this summer. If you are selected I would suspect you'd get 2nd increment.

Your buddy: if he doesn't get selected for PLC combined this summer, he'll have to apply for OCC. Since I'm PLC, I'll let the OCC guys answer those questions.

Good Luck, the waiting game sucks.

aviatorMatt

He just keeps applying until he gets it. I graduate in May, but am applying for 190 which is in october because I have a bunch of stuff I have to do this summer before I ship out. My buddy graduated a year ago may (04) and he is applying for 189,(5 June). As long as you have graduated from college, I think the age limit is somewhere in the late 20's, and can get a good PFT score, you'll be good to go.

KBayDog

michaels601 said:
probably gonna get the message board equivalent of getting kicked in the teeth for this, but i got sick of searching and not finding anything useful.

my book just went in last week, applying for PLC juniors, 2nd increment this summer, and i'm wondering how long it'll take to hear back.
from what i've heard, 1st increment's the one to worry about getting into, but still.

No kick in the teeth, but here's honest, painful scoop: Hurry up and wait. Welcome to the military :)

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
I doubt it will take this long, but when I applied to PLC Jrs, I sent my package off in august and heard back just before the semester break in Decemeber. Then again, who knows how long it will take. KBayDog hit it right on the head: "hurry up and wait". Good luck.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
right, hurry up and wait, i'm learning, i'm learning, just a little dense. gonna go punch a hole in the wall now.

heheh, gone to plaid...

UORBulldog

I applied in February last year for PLC jrs. and heard back around in early April, so I'd say there's still a little bit of time left-- just keep preparing as if you already know you are going would be my advice

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
I second what EVERYONE has said, minus "they've gone to plaid" I applied last year around Feb. and heard back sometime in April for 1st Inc. are you sure your OSO chooses which inc. you go? mine asked me which one i wanted to go to. but then again I am a really cool guy.

BTW corpsocgmu Sux
(its on buddy :icon_tong )

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
JDawg2332 said:
are you sure your OSO chooses which inc. you go?

only reason i wouldn't be sure of which one i'm set up for is because when i went to sign that stack of papers, he said i was set up for 1st because, according to him, that's generally what people want, i said i didn't really care, so he said he'd switch me, then i said i wasn't sure when i had to be back for the fall semester of school so he said to check and wed figure it out later. not really sure where that lead, so we'll see if i hear anything concerning either increment. still don't really have a preference, but the more into it and pumped up i get, the itchier i am to jump in.

feels kind of like being in a hot sauce drinking contest.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
The worst part about the whole process in my opinion is the whole sitting and waiting to hear the word, I was more nervous as to weather or not i got in, than when i was shipping out

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
My OSO said that the next board is around the 18 of April. They cancelled the March board and so I am waiting as well. Good Luck.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
CUBoulder said:
My OSO said that the next board is around the 18 of April. They cancelled the March board and so I am waiting as well. Good Luck.

Thanks, and right back 'atcha, buddy.
Hopefully, i'll see you, and whoever else is waiting on this same crap, there.

At least for the next week I have miniOCS to keep my ADD butt occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.