• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOMBING'S MY BUSINESS .. and business is GOOD

phantomphixer82

With all due respect Sir, who the hell are you:D

08-troll-after.jpg
Sir if you are in Naval aviation you know that you can not be a fighter and an attack pilot at the same time, No self respecting fighter pilot would let anyone add "A" to the type of plane he flys. There are fighters, and attack pukes, thats just the way of the world, or it was when Phantoms filled the air, and not lawn darts.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir if you are in Naval aviation you know that you can not be a fighter and an attack pilot at the same time, No self respecting fighter pilot would let anyone add "A" to the type of plane he flys. There are fighters, and attack pukes, thats just the way of the world, or it was when Phantoms filled the air, and not lawn darts.

If the Phantom were around today, it'd be the F/A-4. It was the first, modern Strike-Fighter. Deal. More good was done for the boys on the ground and more bad was done upon enemy troops and morale by Phantoms with bombs than could ever be done by Sidewinders, Sparrows, or 20mm. You don't win wars by shooting down airplanes.

See how much of a workout your beloved "fighter pilots" are getting in this war? The F-15Cs and Raptors sit idly by while the Attack jets and multi-role guys fight the fight.

B

Blutonski816

If the Phantom were around today, it'd be the F/A-4. It was the first, modern Strike-Fighter. Deal. More good was done for the boys on the ground and more bad was done upon enemy troops and morale by Phantoms with bombs than could ever be done by Sidewinders, Sparrows, or 20mm. You don't win wars by shooting down airplanes.

A view shared even by Robin Olds...
I can't find the exact quote but it's along the lines of:

"You don't win a war by shooting down MiGs, you win it by bombing the hell out of the enemy on the ground until they've lost their will to fight."

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
"Fighter guys make movies. Attack guys make history."

I read that somewhere. . .

phantomphixer82

See how much of a workout your beloved "fighter pilots" are getting in this war? The F-15Cs and Raptors sit idly by while the Attack jets and multi-role guys fight the fight.[/quote]

First off F-15 and Raptors ar Air Force jets, and second what does Iraq have to send up agains a fighter, I think the answer would have to be NOTHING.

phrogpilot73

Attack guys get on target and back out under the protection of fighters.
Phantoms are the worlds largest distributer of Mig parts.
And you know this because? Based on your bio, it seems to me that you know really nothing about what attack guys and fighter guys do, other than break your planes and expend your ordnance. Take a chill pill.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Attack guys get on target and back out under the protection of fighters..... follow the rest of your bullshit .....
O.K. ... we've given you some slack as you purport to be a former Phamtom Phixer of sorts, etc., etc. which merits our time and respect .... but enough is enough.

Better men than you (or I) went "Downtown" w/out your "maintenance skills" or vaunted "fighter protection" -- never to return.

Better men than you fixed the jets of those who DID return and we're all better for it ... and many "Phixers" are my friends to this day.

NONE of the maintenance Troops in my experience would ever denigrate or give shit to the flying members of the "other" community except in jest (and I know good natured "jest" when I see it) -- 'cause they're BETTER than ... YOUR repartee is NOT "in jest" 'cause it's got that "edge" to it and you won't drop it when the "joke" is long over.

Bottom line: Shut the Fuck Up. Any questions??

See the humor in that ... ???

Zissou

Banned
See how much of a workout your beloved "fighter pilots" are getting in this war? The F-15Cs and Raptors sit idly by while the Attack jets and multi-role guys fight the fight.
[/quote]

I received ECAS from several F-15's in November 05 ... They weren't idling overhead, they were dropping bombs.