• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bob Hoover Video

I remember reading somewhere that he was a POW and escaped flying off in the enemies aircraft. Not sure about this because I never researched it other than the internet and you all know the internet isn't "always" the best source of info.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have met him at several Miramar Air Shows. Quite a gentleman and an incredibly skilled pilot.

Also had pleasure of taking an F-14D to the Reno Air Races and seeing him fly a BeDe mini jet to start and call some races from the air.

His energy conseravation act at Miramar was amazing. He had this part where he would dive below the visible horizon into a deep ravine in the landfill south of the field. Crowd would gasp...then he'd pop up at the other end to finish his routine...all dead stick.

r/
G

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
:shake_125
That is some great flying....Note to self....Don't try that in any of the aircraft you'll ever fly.

KBayDog

T37Driver said:
:shake_125
That is some great flying....Note to self....Don't try that in any of the aircraft you'll ever fly.

Dang it, I was going to try to copy his routine in my trusty TH-57 this very afternoon.

Oh well, I guess I will just stick to the training syllabus. :)

Raptor2216

I didn't want to start another thread since I knew there was already one with this video so I'll just post this one here as well. It's Bob Hoover flying an F-86 saber like I have never seen before.