• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Boat Det Video

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Is it normal to lower the hook during climb-out?

No, not that early really (like the second you get flying that is).....at least I never did that in T-45 or F/A-18 CQ. I was also wondering why he didn't go into blower during the stroke, but the top of the jet looks more like a Rhino so I guess that answers it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If it's case 1, then yes(no clearing turn for CQ unless you're departing the pattern). Find your interval and turn downwind. If it's case 3, you'll get vectors.

Brett

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Only time during CQ that you do a clearing turn is to depart and re-enter the pattern, or a shot to the beach, and only case 1. For RAG CQ during case 3, you will fly the case 3 departure, and if it is your first cat shot of the night, you will get "comfort time"...basically just press out beyond 10 nm, check in with marshall, climb to your holding altitude, and proceed direct to the holding fix. The rest of the night, you are just shot into the bolter/waveoff pattern, which is just an extended upwind and downwind at 1200'. Different boats do it differently, but the chucky V didn't really do much in the way of vectoring or "control". CCA folks would give some sugar calls for lineup proceeding inbound from downwind or marshall, but that was about it.