• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BMW 6 series on Ebay w/ salvage title

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Lucky.. I may buy a Speed Triple as a "thank god its DONE" present when I make my last alimony payment.

I'm fighting that itch myself. The S3 is a great bike...

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Generally, I would agree ... but then, there's always the exception:

85Blazer1.jpg

I bought a 1987 K5 Blazer that had been "totaled" by the insurance co. .... a roll-over .... bought in SOCAL
and "imported" .... ironic, as "CAL" was on the new license plate .... it got restored by a top drawer body & machine shop ... it looked great and ran great with minimal maintenance -- even got the original factory warranty for $250 ... I got 370,000 miles out of the engine before a lower hose failure canceled the rest of the 350 CID's useful consciousness ... it didn't use any oil and still accelerated going uphill ... a head-turner as Sports Utilities of that period go as well .... although not the one pictured above -- mine was Blue on Blue.

I got my money's worth. :)

I would also disagree. My current car has a salvage title, now granted it isn't a SICK BMW like that one, but rather a nice model Honda Civic and I have not had one problem with it (that was a result of damages that caused the salvage title at least). Then again it wasn't a flood damaged car or 30K+ either... but I did buy it off E-bay. Best 6K I've ever spent :) All I can suggest is do some MAJOR investigating if you decide to go with it. See if you can get ahold of the damage reports, check the carfax etc, etc. Also, from what I understand, cars can have salvage titles removed by appraisers (I could be wrong, but that's what I understand). Perhaps have an appraiser look at the car with you?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I can get you a good deal on a P-51 Mustang....flew fine until it ended up on the bottom of Lake Erie. As is of course......and buyer must pick up in person. (last known coordinates available)

I can get you a good deal on a P-51 Mustang....flew fine until it ended up on the bottom of Lake Erie. As is of course......and buyer must pick up in person. (last known coordinates available)

Fresh water, polluted as it may be.......I can fix it, I have an awesome Craftsman beginner tool set! :icon_mi_1