• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels at San Francisco Fleet Week 2007

Lonestar155

is good to go
Does Larry fly a black helo? Ive been on the bridge when the helo did a nose dive and climb back up up on the East side of the bridge. Wouldn't bet any money on it that it was him, but I'm going on rumors and what ive seen.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
I will give you $1000 if you can prove that Larry Ellison flys his personal helo under the Gate bridge all the time. Marines honor.

Well, Larry does own 1,205,659,580 shares of Oracle at aprx $22.50 soooo....thats probably enough money to do whatever you want. :D

BeanFighter

pilot
Don't believe rumors, Larry does not own a helo.
ORCL closed at 22.51 today, but hey, that's only a $12,056,595.80 difference per penny!

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
If you look at some of the other footage of the show, it's clear that the flightpath goes over the NE side of SF before going feet wet. All the formations, including Fat Albert, are flying the same line.

Brett

I was watching from the right side of the pass from the jet's perspective (POV 90 degrees clockwise from the video POV). From where I was it looked like he went under. This video pretty well convinces me that he went under the bridge.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was watching from the right side of the pass from the jet's perspective (POV 90 degrees clockwise from the video POV). From where I was it looked like he went under. This video pretty well convinces me that he went under the bridge.

You can believe what you want, but it's pretty clear in the video that he goes in front of the southern most structure of the bridge.

Brett

Raptor2216

I can't really tell what he did from that video but i'm sure that had he flown under the bridge, it would be all over the net and easy to confirm. Anyway, here's a cool picture of it:

phrogpilot73

I can't really tell what he did from that video but i'm sure that had he flown under the bridge, it would be all over the net and easy to confirm. Anyway, here's a cool picture of it:

There's your proof that he didn't. Please notice the wake that he's creating and where it is in relation to the bridge. It looks from that angle that he didn't even fly over the bridge, just the terrain south of it/supporting structure.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Proof positive (great pics BTW). Don't worry - I'm sure someone will still find a way to argue that he still went under the bridge. :rolleyes:

Brett

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Having been standing on the Golden Gate Sunday when 5 made the low pass I can say with 100% certainty that he did not go under the bridge. The checkpoint the blues were using was the southern cable mooring for the bridge. The solos would cross over at what looked like 100-200 feet then drop down into the bay toward center stage off of pier 39/fisherman's wharf.

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
You can believe what you want, but it's pretty clear in the video that he goes in front of the southern most structure of the bridge.

Brett

That picture was photoshopped. They must have moved the bridge somehow. Your logical arguments have no place in an online forum. Maybe I will believe what I want.