• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels at San Francisco Fleet Week 2007

navy09

None
I've seen that show several times in the past, but missed it this year. I think it's very doubtful that they flew under the bridge, as cool as that would have been.

badger16

None
it looked like he actually flew under Golden Gate Bridge.

Big deal. I've seen a diamond formation fly under the Golden Gate Bridge on the way to blowing up Alcatraz...Haven't you ever seen the Rock? :icon_wink

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
Big deal. I've seen a diamond formation fly under the Golden Gate Bridge on the way to blowing up Alcatraz...Haven't you ever seen the Rock? :icon_wink

Yeah, well I've flown a hornet under bridges and between buildings upside down while dogfighting mig-29s on Over G Fighters. You won't hear me bragging about watching CG jets fly under a bridge on a movie. Lame.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Did anyone get a video of the Blue Angel solo when he kicked up the water behind his jet? That was probably the coolest part of the show.
That wasn't the Blue Angel kicking water up, that was Chuck Norris beating the water AWAY from the jet.

FastMover

NFO
None
That guy is everywhere.

132FW_Melampy_C.jpg

HuggyU2

None
Did anyone get a video of the Blue Angel solo when he kicked up the water behind his jet? That was probably the coolest part of the show. From where I was it looked like he actually flew under Golden Gate Bridge. Can anyone confirm this? If he did, I'm surprised it isn't on youtube yet.
I wasn't there this year, but in past years, the solo goes over the top of the bridge, with a pretty aggressive bunt to low altitude.
There's a bunch of great pics from past years floating around with the shockwave forming on the solo during the sneak attack pass.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Chuck went under the bridge, the Blue Angel chickened out and went over it......cite Chuck 3:16 "Chuck doesn't get cleared, he clears himself."