• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Black Lion Bash!!!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Promises to be an epic event as usual! For more info or tickets, see: http://www.blacklionbash.com/index.html

5598364_orig.jpg

madmartigan

pilot
Thanks for the bump HJ. We wanted to get the word out to all fellow Naval Aviators in the greater Hampton Roads area to come out and have a good time with the Blacklions on the 27th of July. We're bashing to welcome back fellow service members and also raise awareness for Wounded Warrior Project and Special Operations Warrior Foundation which creates scholarships for local children of fallen service members.

The club will be going from six to midnight and we'll have local 70's cover band Deja rocking out on the back gazebo for all you classic rock fans. Free beer until it runs out along with gift baskets and free rounds of golf to be won. Also a resident AW member is donating a model F-14 Tomcat for our silent auction for all you Big Fighter brethren out there. All are invited!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HJ, one of my Preflight classmates (Navcad 44-56) Wiley Craig, was a Black Lion back in their F-3H Demon days >...early '6os. I remember he punched out of a "Screamer" over ALF Crows Landing at night, rough ride!:eek:

Unfortunately he passed several years ago of 'C', or I'm sure he would've showed for your gathering of The 213 Pride.;)
BzB

madmartigan

pilot
Unfortunately no, but Deja is going to bring the energy. We actually had to double check that the O'Club could handle the amperage these guys are accustomed to putting out.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Not in the area but I did make a donation and pick up a shirt - have a blast at the bash!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Black Lion Bash Raised Over $6,000 for Wounded Warriors and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Thanks To all who supported the cause!

A good time was had by all....Black Lions have it done! Superlative execution and amazing crowd. Too bad it's only once a year at best!!! Can't wait until next one!!