• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

birthdays at ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

so what's it like when you have a birthday at ocs? do you automatically become the person to harass for the day or what? it looks like my birthday is going to be on the first tuesday of ocs, probably the worst birthday of my life.

g

Adrenaline Rush

have you been accepted yet? when are you going?

"And on the 8th day the Marines took over the globe and have been runnin it ever since"

gin_e

i've been professionally recommended for cec and if i am accepted i'll be going to ocs on or before June 28th. my birthday is july 1st.

case

That early into OCS and no one will care. The harassment comes when you start getting all sorts of birthday cards in the mail.

farkle84

i had my b-day the second week into it. and nothing happened. i didnt announce it either. i just acted like it didnt happen. dont worry.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That won't be your worst birthday.....Try going across the international date line the day before your birthday and then wake up the next morning realizing that your birthday was actually skipped....at least you will be on land!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Ouch... Yeah, I had three birthdays in a row that were on the water. It's hard to find a good bar onboard a ship.

gin_e

hey i just realised something. on my birthday i'll be turning 25 which will push me into the next age bracket for PT scores! i've heard your InPRT is tested on the first tuesday, so if my b-day is on the first tuesday, then will i be compared with the 25-30 age bracket?! i could use a little boost.

g

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would rather spend a birthday deployed than miss Christmas, now that is a depressing time. Hey, pass the chicken wheels!

Meridiani

Ginny, you and I have the same birthday! Hooray for July babies.
icon_smile.gif
I'd be tickled pink to go to OCS on June 28th, though. That would be an awesome birthday present.

ghost_ttu

gin_e, I hope I'm wrong, but you are just turning 25, that doesn't make you age critical. So if you are selected I wouldn't expect to be going to OCS anytime soon. Like I said, hope I'm wrong for you, but you might be spending your 26th B-day at OCS. And I'm not lying!

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

gin_e

the word from my recruiter and the cec accessions officer is that if i am selected they'll want me out of ocs by the end of this fiscal year, by october. so the latest i could possibly go to ocs would be June 28th.

g

ghost_ttu

what are you applying for? I'm assuming it's not SNA, I don't know how quickly other jobs are getting into OCS. I hope you do make it in though.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Originally posted by webmaster
I would rather spend a birthday deployed than miss Christmas, now that is a depressing time. Hey, pass the chicken wheels!

Damn Skippy! been there done that Misawa and in Dodge!

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil

gin_e

cec. i'm not sure my experience is totally representative though. apparently they had some collegiate drop outs so i would probably just be filling a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.