• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Birthday Gift care packages

AVDAD

Our son and his wife are currently in Japan. His birthday is coming up and I would like to send him something useful. He's a pilot. Also, we have a tough time coming up with ideas on what to send him when he's on the boat and what his lovely wife might like. We have asked many times to no avail.

Ideas?

Thanks and happy new year!

AvDad

Renegade One

None
When I was in Japan, many of the "care packages" folks got from the US were, oddly enough, Mexican cooking stuff/condiments, etc. Something they couldn't get in the local Commissaries, but were considered "essential" for them to make their own best versions of enchiladas, tamales, etc. Perhaps that issue no longer exists.

If the son is "underway"…that would be a different mail-routing (squadron address would take it to his ship) from his home address (to the family on-base address). And the desires would be different…if that makes sense.

You can never go wrong by calling the lovely bride and just asking the question… :)

Hope that helps.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our son and his wife are currently in Japan. His birthday is coming up and I would like to send him something useful. He's a pilot. Also, we have a tough time coming up with ideas on what to send him when he's on the boat and what his lovely wife might like. We have asked many times to no avail.
One idea might be a mahogany model of a VAQ-141 "Shadowhawk" E/A-18G Growler, by AimHigherJets. Google them for info/prices. I had a model made by AHJ several years ago (see below), and I love it!:)
Model-1.jpg Model-4.jpg Model-7.jpg

Another possibility, is a Lithograph of his Growler all painted up in VAQ-141 "Shadow Hawk" livery. Lithos come in several sizes, and make great hangings on "I Luv Me" walls, & run around $100+shipping. I don't have the artist's info handy right now, but if inferested shoot me a PM & I'll dig it up for you. The Litho artist is a member of AW, and has a website to see his work.;)

For mine, he drew up a comparison of the VA-146 "Blue Diamonds" A-4C Skyhawk I flew in Vietnam some 47 years ago, and the F/A-18C Hornet the VFA-146 Blue Diamonds fly today (see below)... Titled: VA/VFA-146 - "Then & Now"! He would love it!:D
Colleen's Litho.jpg

As for your lovely DIL, sorry can't help there.:oops::confused:
BzB