• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big Story

I'm at the gym using the bike after a long workout. I'm looking up at one of the many tv's and not paying much attention to whats on. One of the tv's is tuned to Fox News. I read:

Big Story

So I think something of decent importance is going to be reported below. Below I read, Holmes has decided to change her name from Katie to Kate. THATS IT. Next news was that 11 terrorists were killed in a Afghani Cooalition Operation in Afghanistan.

What is this country coming to... Celebrity names more important than terrorists killed. Sometimes I just don't know what to think anymore. Just sharing my love of the news organizations with all of you.

S/F
Lt. Dan

nublett

Been there, done that.
unfortunatly, that is what the news has become. The people who are anti-war on terror, or the average American Joe, may not even know what we are doing in the middle-east. When I hear the liberal media (usually Fox is fair-er) and the man on the street interviews calling for our withdraw it angers me. Not only because I disagree with them but because I believe that if they were better informed, if they knew the true whole story, they would feel differently. Isn't that what the responsibility of our media? We are doing a fantistic job in a volitial situation. We have made a positive difference in the lives of innocent civilians. We have fought those who wish to harm us, and our way of life, there, thus preventing them from attacking us on American soil. I'm probally preaching to the choir here, but what would those anti-people say if they got their way, we pulled-out, and terrorists were successful in attacking the US. What would the media report then?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Fezz CB said:
and thats why I love Fox News. We report. You decide.

Yeah, OK. I am by no means liberal, and would consider myself a pretty moderate leaning towards conservative type guy, but if you don't think that Fox has just as much bias as CNN, you are kidding yourself.

mikey1983

this is an everyday occurance now, either somthing on tom cruise or his wife or some other celebrity news, and oh after that.....5 marines died in iraq today...makes me sick to my stomach

Chubby

raptor10 said:
Its just biased in the "right" direction... :)
While I agree with you and happen to watch FOX for that very reason (read lesser of two evils), that by no means makes it a quality news source. It is sad that today's media has degenerated to such overt leanings. God forbid the public be made to watch a truly unbiased news source and thereby be cornered into making up their own minds on issues as opposed to being force fed opinions by public relationists and media moguls alike. [/rant]

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Fox is actually in the middle; the others are just so liberal they make Fox look conservative by way of comparison.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
Fox is actually in the middle; the others are just so liberal they make Fox look conservative by way of comparison.
Bingo

luscombepilot

Airport Bum
to the original question "what is this country coming too?", all i can say is that i share your frustration on a daily basis. not a day goes by where i see the lead topic in the news is who donald trump fired, who sang well on american idol, why matt leinert should be angry because he is making 20 million instead of 30 million, what movie star crashed her bentley, or who knocked up britney spears. the last story on the news is what is happening in iraq, afghanistan, iran---even problems in south america, africa and europe. i am angered by this fact not because i can not get my daily dose of reality by simply turing on the local news, but because most ignorant americans (not saying everyone is ignorant) think that these are the issues that are important, and are the issues they end up caring about. my oso held a motivation day for all of us who were leaving for marine ocs, and he brought in several veterans from previous conflicts. there was an old man, who stood up and told us about his service as a marine in korea. he told us what it was like to be one of the soldiers at the frozen choisen(spelling???) my oso quickly stood up and walked up to the front of the room where he chimed in with these words "this man was 18, he had no winter wear, only the regular issue, he spent 2 weeks in -20 degree weather with nothing to eat, next time that you think barry bonds is some kind of hero because he hits home runs and makes millions, you think about this soldier, he is my hero, this is a real hero, we should be asking this man for his autograph" i will never forget this moment, i wish everyone could recognize the service men and women in this way.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Yeah, I am wondering why CNN felt the need to report a monthly and total death count every 5 seconds last year, but now that the "death counts" are way the hell down they don't mention that...

There are a few other gems I haven't seen on the major news networks:

Didn't see this story: ""Europe is in a predicament, and so is America. They should agree to become Islamic in the course of time, or else declare war on the Muslims." -- Libyan Leader Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi (Yesterday)

Another story that has been developing over the course of the last few months I haven't seen on mainstream news is the fact that Abu Musab al Zarqawi is about the only non-Iraqi al Qaeda leader left in Iraq and he has been releasing videos pleading with citizens not to support the democratically elected government (as most have been)

Also, this story released on ABC's website I have not seen on any TV news: President Jalal Talabani met recently with representatives of armed groups and is optimistic they may agree to lay down their weapons, his office said Sunday.

Here is another good one: Interview with heir to the Shah of Iran re: revolts in Iran

And the last story that I have yet to see on TV is the fact that Iran has only enriched uranium 4.8% (90% is needed for weapons grade uranium) - F**king yellow journalism if you ask me.

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
What is this country coming to? Well I'll tell you that Rush reported on a study today that (I don't remember all of the details) said that most of the random students 12-17 y/o asked don't know where Louisiana is on the map and that it gets worse because even more of the older 18-24 y/o (I think) don't know where Iraq is on the map. BUT they can tell you that we shouldn't be there!!

I mean give me a freaken break! They've only talked about it non-stop everyday since 2001!! You don't know where it is on a map?? :confused:

That's what this country is coming to... everyone has an oppinion even if they can't tell you a single factual piece of information to back anything they say up and when you have a different oppinion you're wrong, even if you can back yourself up. No if's ands or buts about it, you're wrong. Funny, huh?

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
HueyCobra8151 said:
Yeah, I am wondering why CNN felt the need to report a monthly and total death count every 5 seconds last year, but now that the "death counts" are way the hell down they don't mention that...

There are a few other gems I haven't seen on the major news networks:

Didn't see this story: ""Europe is in a predicament, and so is America. They should agree to become Islamic in the course of time, or else declare war on the Muslims." -- Libyan Leader Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi (Yesterday)

Another story that has been developing over the course of the last few months I haven't seen on mainstream news is the fact that Abu Musab al Zarqawi is about the only non-Iraqi al Qaeda leader left in Iraq and he has been releasing videos pleading with citizens not to support the democratically elected government (as most have been)

Also, this story released on ABC's website I have not seen on any TV news: President Jalal Talabani met recently with representatives of armed groups and is optimistic they may agree to lay down their weapons, his office said Sunday.

Here is another good one: Interview with heir to the Shah of Iran re: revolts in Iran

And the last story that I have yet to see in major media circuits (that I can think of) is the fact that Iran has only enriched uranium 4.9% (95% is needed for weapons grade uranium) - F**king yellow journalism if you ask me.

I've heard all of those but you're right not on CNN or Fox. I heard them on the evil conservative talk radio programs. :eek: