• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big E's final deployment

navyao

Having served on the Carrier with Class I too hope another CVN keeps the tradition going. Like several of the LBFM's I spent "time" with in Olongapo said, "Enterfrise is a good chip!" We were always told that AIRPAC loved us and we were always well taken care of, now I don't know if that's true or not because when I got to Lincoln things seemed pretty good there too. I was one of those former crewmen hoping she would've been turned into a museum, I would've loved to have had the chance to go back and work aboard her or volunteer to give tours just like the guys aboard Midway are doing - oh well.

As far as naming goes I'm still perplexed as to whose idea it was to name the entire CVX Class after President Ford? He took over after Nixon was impeached and didn't win reelection to Carter, I don't get it. I know he was former Navy but he wasn't Chester Nimitz! I don't know...I agree with you guys though, bring back names like Ranger, Saratoga, America, Independence - Enterprise. From what I understand is CVN-79 will be named after Kennedy.Enough of politicans I say!

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
It's unlucky to rename a ship, so if we ever get another new carrier she should be Enterprise. And for the record, anything other than a politician - even one I liked- from now on. There are a ton of honor-splashed hull names on Navy history to supply any ships without bribing politicians for their support.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If we're going to name boats after presidents, how about John Adams, Andrew Jackson, James Madison...

Speaking of them, I liked how we were naming boomers after "great Americans" for a while. I'd much rather be on a boat named for King Kamehameha than John Murtha.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Jim123 is usually spot-on with such references, though I suspect he probably missed this one because he was too caught up in lamenting Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw.

I was a little slow on this one and had to use google as my cybercrutch. :)

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Maybe it wasn't really Jim, but his non-union Mexican equivalent instead?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Remember, you know enough.

You interrupt a 19 year-old Simpsons retrospective with a Family Guy? Next you're going to Twitter us on your fancy iPhone about how you found out how the Bachelor didn't actually love his date.