• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big changes to officer recruiting

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
You can set up WAMHRS notifications at the lowest level for your community specific HAZREPS by creating accounts for the ready room, and they'll get the email just like you do.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Again, this assumes that your command thinks this is a good idea and that ASOs shouldn't be gatekeepers. Also cue the incessant moaning over "all these emails."

KBayDog

squorch2 said:
The good news is the information is there and it's being put out (giggity!) but the information systems to access it are jealously guarded and not especially easy to use even when you have access.

1. "I have a secret." Very popular these days.
2. Yet another one of our great ideas (ala NMCI, TIMS, FWB, DTS, DPS, etc.) that were well-sold (hell, in theory, they're seriously good ideas), but punted into the stands in execution.

There's a larger argument to be made here about whether or not we really have that whole "special trust and confidence" thing, but I digress...

C'mon, squorch, quit being so negative. :D

phrogpilot73

Wouldn't a better system make HAZREPS available to anyone (aviation-types), at any time, without having to have to go through an ASO to get them?
I'm not arguing the system...

It's not lost on me that you just called yourself a good ASO. ;)
Some of us have common sense. In case you didn't see the HAZREP I was referring to, it was a Navy 60 crew that penetrated a VPOTUS TFR. It was significant becuase they had checked the NOTAMS and TFRs before their flight, and there was nothing. No NOTAM/TFR was published because the Secret Service requested that the FAA not do so in order to keep his visit on the D/L. So I briefed the HAZREP, and went over a quick "what do we do if there is a TFR that isn't published" discussion.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Some of us have common sense. In case you didn't see the HAZREP I was referring to, it was a Navy 60 crew that penetrated a VPOTUS TFR. It was significant becuase they had checked the NOTAMS and TFRs before their flight, and there was nothing.

Yup... word to the wise, hindsight being 20/20 and all that, tfr.faa.gov is not your friend when it comes to popup TFRs (pres, vice-pres, forest fires, etc.).

IRfly

None
And now, an official nomination for "Threadjack of the Month," with bonus points for the heavy use of acronyms.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
And now, an official nomination for "Threadjack of the Month," with bonus points for the heavy use of acronyms.

If I had to say I've learned one thing about the military from the very beginning days of "Just exploring the possibility of serving in the Armed Forces" to today, it can best be summed up like this.

25021973.jpg

BUDU

If I had to say I've learned one thing about the military from the very beginning days of "Just exploring the possibility of serving in the Armed Forces" to today, it can best be summed up like this.

Eventually they start reusing acronyms. PCL, for example.

phrogpilot73

Not sure how an unpublished/unpromulgated TFR serves anyone. But hey...I'm not in the Secret Service.
It doesn't. And to be honest, it was probably one of the better written HAZREPs I've read in a LONG time. The comments from the various commanders were pretty well written as well.