• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

big 4 inspection question

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
GeoffStahl said:
Folks its all good. =)

This is all a big attention to detail exercise. Same idea, details, you always have to get the details correct.

I definitely thank the Naval Aviaition for that (though maybe that took years of flying to perfect, don't know).

Oh, did I mention, you WILL screw up. =)

I'm sorry, I had to. It was too good to resist.

bbennett73

navsup said:
Also how is the rank structure quizzed? Do they say, "what is an 0-5/e-4 in the Navy/Marine corps? etc... Do you answer with the name or do you desribe all the insignia as well?

Give ONLY the information asked for. They asked for the insignia separately when I was there last winter. They would usually ask for equivalents e.g., "What is an E-4 in the Marine Corps? What is the sleeve insignia for his equivalent in the Navy?"

-BB

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Don't worry, you and your classmates will screw it up, and you'll get in better physical shape for it. Have fun!

Good prep for EP's later on...

OVERCOME

Long live the UFC!
bbennett73 said:
Give ONLY the information asked for. They asked for the insignia separately when I was there last winter. They would usually ask for equivalents e.g., "What is an E-4 in the Marine Corps? What is the sleeve insignia for his equivalent in the Navy?"

-BB
Thanks, that's the gouge I was looking for!

ThetaChi

pilot
navsup said:
are these recited ballistic or regular voice?

ALWAYS be ballistic when you are talking (if that's what you want to call it) to your DI and NEVER be ballistic when talking to an officer. Try not to mix those two up. Pain....

FlyFastNow

Blonde
pilot
Just completed my last RLP. Thank you god. In answering some of the above questions: when the officers come in, they are preoccupied with checking your uniform, asking you knowledge, and then making sure your table display is up to par. They do this ALL while half-listening to what you say. A lot of times, depending on the officer (and I can tell you which ones for which this holds true) don't know the answers to the questions they ask you. For example, the officer I had came in and right off the bat asked me who my fourth person in the chain of command was, the 6th general order of a sentry and my second article of the code of conduct. I faltered with the code of conduct because I just all of a sudden drew a blank. If you say something wrong, just say "permission to correct, sir?" and he/she will give you permission. If you say it in a clear, confident voice that somewhat resembles the answer, you'll be fine. He then asked me some type of plane that I got right, but asked me the name of a ship that I didn't know, like an LSD or something. I didn't know it, and he picked up the OCR and showed me the answer. I missed a total of 04 points on the officer part, which is pretty good, considering I jacked a lot of stuff up. My roommate got the hardest officer, and ended up missing 14 on the officer part alone, which meant that she could only miss 06 on the inspection part with the DI. It does all depend on the officer, DI and Candidate Officer you have scoring you though.