• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Better to own or rent in Jacksonville, given current economy?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thoughts on the Mandarin/beauclerc area in general? Just got picked up by acompany in Jax and we like the look of the area.

helo_wifey

Thoughts on the Mandarin/beauclerc area in general? Just got picked up by acompany in Jax and we like the look of the area.

We really love where we live (close to Bartram Park) because it's not off of San Jose Blvd. San Jose is like Blanding, imo, with a lot of traffic. We're off of Old St. Augustine and close to The Avenues so we've got the convenience of shopping at Bartram Park, The Avenues as well as St. Johns Town Center only being 10-15 min away. It's quiet over here and convenient to base as well as beaches. It may not be perfect for everyone, but we think we picked a great location for us.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the help everybody. Sorry for the delays in getting back.

The house hunting is starting. My roommate and I are two single guys looking for a neighborhood with the best combination of:
1.) Fun neighborhood (close to bars, restaurants).
2.) Modest commute to base, preferably without nasty traffic.
3.) Safe.

Going to start poking around town now.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Two single guys, bah to burn, and looking for something safe? Fuck the commute...live by the beach. JU and UNF are right there. All of Southside out to Butler....it's all good. Jax ain't hawaii....but it's got it's own stuff going for it.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Two single guys, bah to burn, and looking for something safe? Fuck the commute...live by the beach. JU and UNF are right there. All of Southside out to Butler....it's all good. Jax ain't hawaii....but it's got it's own stuff going for it.

Agreed. Get a beach cruise with a beer holder. You can drink on the way to the bars and don't have to worry about driving drunk.

exhelodrvr

pilot
I've been here over a year now and I finally had to drive through the Blanding-295 interchange during afternoon rushhour. Good God that was painful.

When you move here completely avoid anything down Blanding or in the Argyle area. It's a shame because those are nice communities but the drive is absolutely horrendus and in my opinion not worth it.

I had to laugh at that - was stationed in Jax from 82-85; I swear that they deliberately timed the lights on Blanding so that you would never get two greens in a row.