• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

best place for name tags?

S.O.B.

pilot
Squadron Nametag Patches for flight suits

Does anyone have any information on a alternate squadron name tag supplier? It seems like every time I deal with Wings and Things in Pensacola it's a hassel. I know Tiger embroidery in Japan was awesome but I'm sure shipping would be ridiculous.

Casual

Jammin'
None
Try Squadron Flight Shop in Las Vegas. The guy who owns it is a Reservist out of Nellis and is pretty motivated about patches :)

http://www.sfspatches.com/

Website sucks, but supposedly he's redesigning it. Very quick to answer the phone, though.

pilotevans

JUDY-JUDY
pilot
Does anyone have any information on a alternate squadron name tag supplier? It seems like every time I deal with Wings and Things in Pensacola it's a hassel. I know Tiger embroidery in Japan was awesome but I'm sure shipping would be ridiculous.

Johnny Dolphin of Dolphin international in Virginia Beach, does entire East coast and some of the VTs. Tell him Trailer sent you. Call his office, cute receptionist.

S.O.B.

pilot
I probably should have clarified I need name tags and I don't think Dolphin international does them. I have used them in the past for regular patches and they're excellent.

I really don't know how Wings and Things stays in business.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Johnny Dolphin of Dolphin international in Virginia Beach, does entire East coast and some of the VTs. Tell him Trailer sent you. Call his office, cute receptionist.

Cute receptionist = Dusty and she's much more than that (job that is).

And it's Johnny Evans. He's a great American and does embroidered hats, flight suits, patches, nametags, shirts, etc.

- Custom promotional Products * Apparel Embroidered & Screen Printed.
- Contact: Johnny Evans, PH: (757)431-9260, FAX: (757)431-9870, E-Mail: (johnny@dolphinintl.hrcoxmail.com)

He also maintains legacy Tomcat items on his Patchquest website.

I probably should have clarified I need name tags and I don't think Dolphin international does them. I have used them in the past for regular patches and they're excellent.

They are right down the street from my VB office and I stop by there several times a year. He does do squadron nametags and keeps enough blanks available that his turnaround is minimal. He's a Coffee Mess officer's best friend!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Dolphin International used to do our nametags when I was in Norfolk. Quick turnaround and a quality product.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Resurrecting the thread - any new advice on where to get name patches for the standard issue leather jacket? Gypsy is advertising a backlog through the rest of 2013 so I'd be interested in any alternatives that are equal in quality but not in wait time. Thx.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Typsy Gypsy for leather name tag for leather jacket is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

East

东部
Contributor
^
True that.
Don't settle for substitutes.
Worth the wait and lasts for decades, worth the wait after 30+ yrs on the jacket.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have the one from Wings N Things in Pensacola. Pretty solid, looks nice.

Typsy Gypsy for leather name tag for leather jacket is a must.

^
True that.
Don't settle for substitutes.
Worth the wait and lasts for decades, worth the wait after 30+ yrs on the jacket.

One option is to order your Tipsy Gypsy nametag and in the interim purchase the Wings N Things one.

I own the TG nametag and it is well worth the money...the quality can not be beat. The WNT nametag looks nice and will do in a pinch, but it doesn't hold a candle to the TG nametag....as others have already stated.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
Y'all gotta go to Osan...The Koreans can embroider ANYTHING! Great place to get really nice business cards too...You can order them on-base at the BEX annex...Well, that was in 1999!