• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

best place for name tags?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that Typsy Gypsy is the way to go... But the wait can be forever. I've seen some of the other patches that are offered and its the little details that make the difference. Look at the edges of a TG patch and you will see that they will not curl/fray and they don't detract from the patch. Many of the others I've seen have looked good except for the edges which curl after a short period and are just natural untreated leather that doesn't look great. Just my $.02

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because the government is cheap and has downgraded the quality to save costs. The same reason they aren't real goatskin anymore, either.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How authentic is your G-1?

KSUFLY said:
why do the issue jackets have fake fur around the collar and not real?

The original G-1 Leather Flight Jackets had mouton collars and were made of supple goatskin leather with double stiched waist and wrist cuffs. To keep price affordable, the spec was relaxed in late 70s to allow substitutes for mouton (typically Dynel) and even the leather so your jacket proabably has a Dynel collar and may or may not be goatskin. The nice cuffs and waistbands have also disappeared. Nice thing about real mouton is it eventually fades to a golden honey brown while keeping its texture. Dynel simply gets matted like a cheap wig. I'm sure A4s has a nice honey brown collar on his for wearing when he gets off the rock and goes mainland.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
... I'm sure A4s has a nice honey brown collar on his for wearing when he gets off the rock and goes mainland.
Oh, yes .... correct. Slight correction: when I get out of the "Territory" and fly to the "Rock". Gotta' love these SoCal fighter-types ... :)

The Territory=Paradise
The Rock=NUW

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
What are the best places to order some flight suit name tags either online or by phone? I just got promoted and I cant make it to a MCAS any time soon. Thanks in advance.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are the best places to order some flight suit name tags either online or by phone? I just got promoted and I cant make it to a MCAS any time soon. Thanks in advance.

Your squadron doesn't do them?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If you are at TBS, why don't you try to take a drive over to MCAF and see if the HMX guys can hook you up?

Junior

pilot
Try the exchange on mainside. You'll probably have to wait at least a week. I would be very surprised if they didn't offer nametag service.