• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

best place for name tags?

shauli

embossed Leather patches

Check out this source for embossed leather patches and nametags, no more closed lists or 18 month waiting time. Turn around time within days.

Embossed leather patches http://www.flightjacket.com/store/embossing.aspx
VMFA225DeathDealers_small.jpg

Nametags http://www.flightjacket.com/store/nametag.aspx
Navy.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Is getting a nice leather nametage like the one above something to save for the fleet squadron, or ok at the RAG?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As discussed before, wait until you get to the Fleet. (a) They may have specific colors for the nametag to match the squadron patch, (b) they may have some kind of deal for buying in bulk.

batman527

Banned
this is this guys firt post. It's basically an ad on the message board. Can we get an admin to get rid of this crap?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
batman527 said:
this is this guys firt post. It's basically an ad on the message board. Can we get an admin to get rid of this crap?

• It's in "Hot Deals."
  • Mods are aware
  • You have 13 posts saltdog
  • Shutup

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
batman527 said:

The poster offers us a good deal and quick turnaround on a highly sought after item for aviators.

I, for one, am glad the post was made, I've already contacted them for an order for my squadron.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
The poster offers us a good deal and quick turnaround on a highly sought after item for aviators.

I, for one, am glad the post was made, I've already contacted them for an order for my squadron.

Ditto,
Waiting for the Typsy Gipsy lists to open up and then waiting and waiting for your patches is absurd. About time someone stepped up to the plate to offer a quality alternative.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
batman527 said:
Read post #2 above.

Seriously, as others have mentioned, I do NOT have problems with someone posting a link to an aviation related service or enterprise that ppl might not be aware of. That's how we all find out about places like Pop's Leather, Tipsy Gypsy, Shirts and Shades, etc. etc....

What I DO mind, is someone SPAMMING my forum with a zillion posts all saying the same thing, or the get rich quick (win a free ipod, et al) that some decide to post.

Finally, if you are going to post an ad/service, at least give me a courtesy email/heads up.

John

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
So, has anyone bought these patches? I was wondering how they compare to the Tipsy Gypsy.

Now on month 5 of waiting for the T.G. patches (and no telling how much longer to go) I am beginning to wonder if I'd be happier ordering these and getting them now.

KSUFLY

pilot
this company also makes great leather jackets. I've seen a few of them and they stand out in quality so I'm sure the patches are great as well.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
So is the G-1 "USN Issue" jacket that this company makes better then the one we get issued? Is it a different material, like a softer leather? I really like the issue jacket that I have and it fits great, I am just curious about comparing quality.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You know, I emailed these guys when they first posted, and never recieved a response.

The TG patches I finally got look great on my leather jacket BTW... :D

KSUFLY

pilot
brd2881 said:
So is the G-1 "USN Issue" jacket that this company makes better then the one we get issued? Is it a different material, like a softer leather? I really like the issue jacket that I have and it fits great, I am just curious about comparing quality.

By what I've seen, the leather on the G-1 made by this company is a little better quality than the issued ones. I have one of their A-2 flight jackets and it is awesome quality. In fact I'm sure you could order one just to see what it was like and if you weren't impressed send it back. They have a great return policy. Just my 2 cents