• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Naval Aviation movies

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As far as "bustering," I got that very term from the TACRON just a couple weeks ago to return for a medevac.

I've heard it more than once from controlling E-2 and even the Air Boss in conjunction with "Charlie". Every time, it was either to forget about max conserve in order to get to assigned station (ie for a Tu-95 Bear intercept) or "bak ship" for a ready deck. "Never heard "gate" though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Back in A4s day, some LSOs were more in to "Disco" than others... :D

lso6.jpg

:D:D:D
Hmmmmm ....... I was reputedly known to 'dance' on occasion ... almost to the wires. :)

From your hirsute pix of the backside of this God-given gift to carrier Naval Aviation (a.k.a. the LSO), it looks like Eddie Munster (below) made good and grew up to be an LSO -- good on him !!! :D

yak52driver

Contributor
Flight of The Intruder Question

I was watching Flight of the Intruder while I was running on the treadmill this afternoon (because running is boring as hell) and there's a scene where the lead character is sitting in a coffee shop/bar after eluding the MPs. He says "I'm tactical". I've tried to figure out what he means, but no luck. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Speed and Angels without a doubt! But I still give Hot Shots an "A" for effort :xmas_125:

All the great movies about Naval Aviation and you put Speed and Angles at the top?

Have you been fortunate enough to watch Bridges at Toko-Ri, Midway, Final Countdown, etc..?

If not, after you watch some of those (and others listed), I'm pretty sure you're going to change your mind.

Topper Harley

Good NEWS everyone!
All the great movies about Naval Aviation and you put Speed and Angles at the top?

Have you been fortunate enough to watch Bridges at Toko-Ri, Midway, Final Countdown, etc..?

If not, after you watch some of those (and others listed), I'm pretty sure you're going to change your mind.

Too right mate. I want to check out these movies too. I put Speed and Angels at the top because I liked the way the documentary followed their progress instead of a stylized veiw like you get with TopGun.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Maybe it's just me, but I loved TopGun until I came in. Afterwards though, seeing all the bullshit and inconsistencies, I can't stand that movie. I quickly saw it for what it was. A cheesy chick flick, romance movie, with enough aviation and explosions to keep us men interested.

jmcquate

Contributor
Anyone here seen Little Dieter Needs to Fly? It's about a A-1 pilot who was shot down over Laos and escaped from a Vietamese prison camp. I saw it about a month ago. It was interesting.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'll check it out... sure beats some guy coming on here every now and then asking if we've seen Top Gun or Speed and Angels.

jmcquate

Contributor
It's a German documentary about Dieter Dengler. He was with VA-145 when he was shot down. He retraces the events of his capture and escape.