• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Benchmade Knives (Automatic)

busdriver

None
I like my Benchmade auto opener. That said, I wouldn't spend my own money on one. I personally like my Kershaw Blackout better, serrations are a pain to sharpen.

FlyinRock

As regards selling my two Benchmades for $25 each and no takers, I've sent them back to Benchmade for resharpening/reconditioning and will donate them to the USMC Scout/Sniper Association to be sent to troops in the field.
Semper Fi
Rocky

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As regards selling my two Benchmades for $25 each and no takers, I've sent them back to Benchmade for resharpening/reconditioning and will donate them to the USMC Scout/Sniper Association to be sent to troops in the field.
Semper Fi
Rocky

FlyinRock, I sent you a PM about them, but nothing heard. Oh well. The troops can use them too.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How do you sharpen? ...
These work the BEST of any sharpener I've come across for smaller blades -- blades less than 6-8 inches -- any self-respecting hardware/sporting goods store carries them:

ToolV.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

For the serrations? These work very well ...
... DMT/diamond ... folds inward like a knife ... google it.

31F4K9JKKEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

FlyingRock said:
It appears that I am in the minority ...
.... you're not; there's just a lot of people who haven't been "illuminated" as of yet ... :) ... if you're not going to carry a Randall, I'd go w/ a Bench -- I like my ol' ATS-34 and the newer Osborne, except I wish it had a bigger blade. I went w/ the sub-4 inch model Osborne as I wanted to "carry" in the 747 airline cockpit -- and then the FEDs decided after 9/11 that I couldn't do that, even though I had the keys to the car and was flying the plane ... :)

Gotta love that bureaucratic "zero tolerance/zero thinking" mindset ...

FlyinRock

FlyinRock, I sent you a PM about them, but nothing heard. Oh well. The troops can use them too.
HooverPilot
I figured the troops in the field can use them to good advantage on a regular basis where they are really needed.
I did get your PM but had already decided to send them off.
Semper Fi
Rocky

FlyinRock

I've got a number of custom blades collected over the years and my favorites are made by Phill Hartsfield. Some are small, and some are long like the Wakazashi. All are razors and scary when you see how effective they are.
I've got an old Case XX folder that I have carried in the field for over 40 years and it still takes a fast razor edge for skinning or cutting ?? I seem to recall it costing me about $25.00?
My most expensive custom blade would cost over $6,000 to replace and every time I look at it I wonder why I still have it?
A good friend of mine, USMC Recon told me he just carried a cheap old butcher knife with tape wrapped around the handle so he could cut or dump it and no big loss. Seems pretty damned smart to me.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HooverPilot
I figured the troops in the field can use them to good advantage on a regular basis where they are really needed.
I did get your PM but had already decided to send them off.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Good enough. Like I said, the troops can really use them too. Thanks for doing that!