• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beginning the Journey - The Recruiter

Newbs

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing, but I may as well get straight to the point. I'm extremely interested in joining the Air Force, and OTS, but when going to the recruiter for the first time (as crucial as it is to make a good first impression), I was wondering if I needed to talk to an Air Force recruiter or if it even mattered? Didn't know if it mattered to talk to a Navy or Marine officer since I'm interested in joining the Air Force? I'm just trying to gain as much information to give myself the best chance at getting into OTS and hopefully that flight guarantee. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Newbs

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... I'm extremely interested in joining the Air Force, and OTS.... Thanks.

-Newbs
Question: why are you on a Naval Aviation website when you are 'extremely interested' in becoming a Zoomie ???

You need to frequent AF oriented websites, such as I love to press my flight suit.com .... or, perhaps, I like ascots.net

You are welcome.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I was wondering if I needed to talk to an Air Force recruiter or if it even mattered? Didn't know if it mattered to talk to a Navy or Marine officer since I'm interested in joining the Air Force?
WTF? Would you go to a bar and pick up a man when it's a girl you're looking to screw?

You want to join the Air Force, see an Air Force recruiter.

And please stick with the Air Force, we don't need this lack of common sense in Naval Aviation.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
WTF? Would you go to a bar and pick up a man when it's a girl you're looking to screw?

And please stick with the Air Force, we don't need this lack of common sense in Naval Aviation.

haha....I was going to respond to this but since I'm always the mean one I thought I'd let someone else do it :)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Right on! +1:icon_wink

BallsToTheWall

Go on www.airforce.com and find your nearest AF officer recruiter. Look professional and show proper etiquette. As far as getting a flight slot, you are better off going through ROTC. OTS is very very competitive as they only give 100 slots, more or less a year. If you already have your degree, you might as well fork up the money and get your PPL with a multi engine rating to add to your package. Listen to Tonio. Go to Baseops.net for more info.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Dont forget to bring your golf clubs to the recruiter, they want to know what you are working with in your bag, so they can call you for the annual COC tourney.