• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

beer in pensacola

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok my google-fu is weak and I've been trying to find a good store in Pcola that sells a lot of beer (as in more than your typical NEX/liquor store selection). Since CommodoreMid no function beer well without, does anyone know of any good places for me to pick up multiple six packs of something more exotic than Guinness?

JTD

There is a place on Bayou Blvd. By the Cordova Mall, I think it's called wine world or something like that. They had a pretty big selection.

BourneID

pilot
I second Four Winds and World Market for beer other than your normal Budweiser type run, just beware if you go to fourwinds they are a little pricey, and will try to talk you into buying everything in inventory, however you get free samples of some wines and food.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah the selection in Pcola was a travesty.......even worse than Corpus if that is even possible

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah the selection in Pcola was a travesty.......even worse than Corpus if that is even possible

You don't know what a travesty is.

Four Winds is legit. Buy from him, they have excellent food products. Get a sandwich from the deli... AWESOME!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You don't know what a travesty is.

Four Winds is legit. Buy from him, they have excellent food products. Get a sandwich from the deli... AWESOME!

Maybe "travesty" wasn't the word of choice, but in terms of beer selection the south is pretty pitiful. Coming from the PNW, it is hard for anywhere else to compare, but Pcola was pretty bad regardless....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe "travesty" wasn't the word of choice, but in terms of beer selection the south is pretty pitiful. Coming from the PNW, it is hard for anywhere else to compare, but Pcola was pretty bad regardless....

Go to Meridian.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
Wine World was my favorite. They had a good selection and they could get in pretty much anything i requested.

Corpus on the other hand sucks donkey balls and one stores idea of "a good selection" in Kingsville was Guinness and Sam Adams :(

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'll throw another recommendation for Four Winds in. The overall selection--food, wine and beer--really is outstanding. If you've got sticker shock, then try something that most of us Americans have forgotten: haggling. When you check out, you're only dealing with one person, and he runs the place. Therefore, he sets the prices. Think of it as a primer for any Mediterranean, Arab or Afghani market that you find yourself in. That being said, you're very likely to walk out laden with bags and a (very) light wallet, but it's all top quality stuff. So take it home, have some friends over, and impress them with your fine taste in food and beverages.