• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becoming a Marine F/A-18 Pilot

MaxAvidy

Newb like woah
Ok, Ok, Ok, so I know that you can't just say "I'll take that one," and get your pick of aircraft, but it's my hope to fly the hornet. Anyway I've been reading the forums for a while and have used your advice to study for the ASTB and it's paying off I believe, so thanks. I've talked to my local (more like 2 hours away) Officer Selection Station reps, but I have some more questions. I should be scheduling my trip to Fort Dix for my physical sometime soon, from what I hear that should be a treat *sarcasm*. Anyway I'm doing the PLC program and I'm a junior so I was just wondering what I should expect throughout this whole process, up until I get assigned a plane. Mind you I don't know many of the acronyms you have all been throwing around. :icon_tong

Thanks

farkle84

alright max. expect to run and train hard at OCS as well as get your ass chewed a lot. dont worry about it, happens to all candidates and even when you are at TBS. at TBS expect to have some fun and good experiences. learn as much as you can. API sucks, because its a lot of book work, but do well here and study hard. it will pay off in primary. then in primary, bust your butt studying and learn the plane and maneuvers well. its a fun time especially in forms and solos. have fun with it. when you select, you will enjoy whatever you select. every pipeline has its advantages.