• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Becomin SNA through Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

From what I hear, as long as you're qualified and their are openings it's basically a give-me. I thought you guys get first pick at the slots months before recruting stations can submit. There's a lot of Academy guys floating around now, I'll ask around for you.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
At the Academy you have this thing called Order of Merit. It's based on everything you do there. Most of it is grades, but fitreps, PRT scrores, etc. also are factored in. For Service Selection, you are ranked among all of your classmates according to your Order of Merit. You also have to interview with a board of Officers. This interview combined with your Order of Merit and the needs of the Navy decides what you get.

To simplify...If you get pretty good grades, you get to pick whatever you want (as long as you're physically qualified).

Edited by - Machine on 08/03/2002 10:19:33

Valion310

Hey, hows the football team looking for this coming season? I'm Navy through and through, but grew up on AF football, so ... I'm sure our grandkids will see the CIC Trophy get back to Anapolis...

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!! ARRRRRRRR!!!

Valion310 out-

Birdman

Lol the team looks like it'll be ok but it doesn't matter becuase they'll still beat army and thats all that counts :)

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Just a question for academy graduates. If you had a choice between the Academy and a good state school with lots of people where would you go?

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
quote:
2-0 to the Yanks, WHO'S YOUR DADDY MEXICO???

You know very well who the better team was. Luck only takes you so far.

By the way, 1-0 to Oliver Khan, WHO IS YOUR DADDY NOW????????

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Alex Fowler

Funny that a German should be telling an American about lucky victories over a better team...even der Kaiser admitted we just about played your boys off the field.

Oliver Kahn is the only reason you won...and if you want to talk about luck, how about Reyna's chip going over, Sanneh's header in injury time going just wide, or of course Torsten Frings' infamous handball on Gregg Berhalter's blast (not only was it a handball but the ball crossed the line, and we didn't get either the goal or the pk)?

Besides, we don't give two shites about Germany...we now have bragging rights over the Mexies until they beat us in a World Cup, which ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Alex

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
First of all I'm not German. I'm a Mexican that happens to live in Germany. Second of all, I don't think you want to talk about handballs. Third of all, what's this we stuff? I don't remember seeing an Alex Fowler out on the field in Korea. Quit talking about bragging rights and enjoy the football!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Edited by - Vic on 08/06/2002 00:18:33

tron tech two

Wow, this message board has gone to that place that one just doesn't want to touch. As a ring knocker out of the academy, I thought, if you want to fly you will.

Alex Fowler

OK, I'm more than happy to talk about handballs...O'Brien's was an accident, no call inside the box. And we got screwed over on bad calls enough during the tournament (Frings' handball, Donovan's goal vs Poland called back for no reason) and during qualifying (Berhalter called for a nonexistent handball in the box vs Costa Rica, Ruiz punching Keller and NFL-tackling Regis in the final minutes in Guatemala, getting away with it and scoring the equalizer seconds later) that, even if that had been a bad call in our favor, we were due. Besides you should remember that we scored 2 goals in that match and that Friedel had already stopped 2 PKs in that tournament, no reason for me not to think he wouldn't have stopped that one too (which would have put Mexico in an even bigger hole as they would have been demoralized). Anyway, we ("we" meaning all those associated with US soccer) kicked your asses in Columbus, we kicked your asses in Jeonju...next time around, 1-0 to the US in the Azteca.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.