• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP PRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ander37

K-rock
What are you going for? I just put in my package for Pilot (SNA-BDCP) about a week ago.
I was told the mins are 58su,47pu,12:00run. In other words, Good-Low on the PRT scale.
I heard they upped pilot reqs for PRT a couple months back, not sure, but I think others (non-pilots) have to get Sat-Med. Correct me if I'm wrong...

austinfalnes

right, those are probationary scores....is that all you need for BDCP? The numbers I had wre 45/45 and 12:45 But since i saw BUPERS release new PRT standards, I thought the minimums might haev changed...although, the mins my recruiter gave me might be intentionally higher so I don't slack off...

version2point0

the probationary scores are what you need to not be bothered while in BDCP. the "good low" scores are what you need to be at within 5 weeks of your OCS date. OCS entry PFT scores are the "good low" range

-v2.0

bart27

I had to have at least Good Low scores to apply for OCS as a SNA. At least this is what my recruiter told me. I would think that BDCP would need to be higher since it is very competitive, but I honestly don't know. I aimed for better than Good Low just to make my package that much better. You never know what will be the deciding factor. Just my .02.

austinfalnes

Well, my recruiter told me today that I HAD to get Good Low, or he coudn't submit FINDOCS...

Next question...

I know BUPERS allows the run to be done on a treadmill....can I ask my BDCP PRT to be done on a tradmill?

I started training on them this week, and today decided to run on the track and got floored....but because the treadmill doesn't regulate your breathing in the same way, i can run MUCH better on it.

Otherwise, I'm in deep $hit for getting up to 12:00. I haven't run like that for a while....

JayManC

FYI, regular officers are required to maintain good/low stds while in BDCP whereas aviation candidates are required to maintain good/med...at least thats how it is here at richmond. if you dont maintain the stds they give you a heap of crap about it. something about millington has been riding the NRDs hardcore about candidates showing up at OCS and not being physically prepared so now theyre on a kick to make sure everyone is fit.

bart27

Is it not funny how each recruiter does things differently...on another note, I don't think the run can be done on a treadmill unless its a special circumstance, but I really dont know so don't go based on my gouge.

jaerose

Um, I'm at OCS and trust me, you don't want to come in at the mins because the people in my class who did that are either in 'H' company (purgatory at OCS) until they get to where the class drill instructors think they should be at physically. Plus, you'll get injured and rolled. Also, run on the pavement because that's what you run on here and if you're legs are used to the soft treadmill you'll get shin splints/stress fractures, which aren't good to have here...ie you roll.

JR

austinfalnes

I don't plan on getting an OCS date until at least summer/fall of 2004. I'm graduating in May, and have my short term sights on the PRT to get selected for BDCP. That's all I can bite off now, since i'm not the same runner I was in high school.

Assuming I will pass that, I have every intention of getting to OCS at the Excellent-Low level.

Back to treadmills for BDCP PRT, what if the day you are to run the PRT, there is a torrential downpour, or it's sleeting, or something else that would make running on a track unsafe? I only ask because as I reacclimate my body to running, I'm experiencing more pain running on the track or road. If I had to run the PRT on a track, I'm concerned about passing, but I know that I could probably get good medium on a treadmill....

Anyone have to do the PRT in bad weather?

version2point0

i dont think that at OCS they are going to care what kind of weather it is, youre running in it. thats what i heard at least. so why should the PRT be any different

-v2.0

JayManC

austin, FYI while in BDCP you will have to attend quarterly DEPPER meetings, at two of these you will have to "do" the PRT. I live in Va and our last DEPPER meet was scheduled on the 20th of Sept....and it just so happened that Hurricane Isabel blew through here on that weekend....what did they do...rescheduled for the following month...you will be running on pavement at OCS, you will be running on pavement for your PRT, the treadmills good for keeping up your heartbeat, but you should really concentrate on conditioning your legs/knees etc to become accustomed to the shock/abuse. I found that having a pair of shoes designated specifically for running, and running only helps tremendously.
J

austinfalnes

I appreciate all the help...

I think the main thing is that I need better shoes...the ones I bought tear me up on the pavement

We'll see...it's good news I guess that i haevn't heard back yet, so i can get back in running shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.