• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP program time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

agunter

I was wondering what the time frame is for getting into the BDCP program once you've taken the ASTB? That is assuming everything is good. Also, when do you start getting the big money?

cyphertube

While I don't have my own timeline to compare with, I can tell you what my recruiter has told me.

From the time they get all your advance paperwork together and submit it, it can be a week to a month to find out if you've been accepted to that level.

After your advance stuff comes back, you've got at most a month to get the final stuff submitted. After that's submitted, it again, from what I hear, can be a week to up to two months to hear back whether you've be professionally recommended.

After pro-rec, it's generally considered a formality to get sworn in, but it can take time depending on what's going on, when they can slot you in for OCS, etc. Money can take a couple months to start coming in as well after you're sworn in.

I would dare say, and this is a guess based on what people have posted, a lot of the timeline depends on what you're applying for and how many applicants there are and how competitive you are. From what I've seen, competiting on a more/less average level for SNA will take longest, whereas somewhile who's exceptionally qualified applying for Nuke School Instructor will take the least amount of time.

NuSnake

dont listen to what anyone has to say on this one......it took me 2 months to hear...some people on this board it took 6 months....a guy i know it took 3 weeks, another guy heard in 5 days...it just depends...be prepared to wait, then it'll be that much better when you hear early. my 2 cents

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.