• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Process

ryanber

Going for Aviation and I want to do pilot. Also, I need to get eye surgery pretty soon. I know you have to have PRK and such, but if there is any advice out there, I would appreciate it greatly!
What are the average competitive scores for the ASTB? Are mine ok for pilot? I know I can do alot better if I retake but I would rather just submit this if it is competitive. Gracias!

ryanber

Thanks for the Link.

Just out of curiosity, how many people here want jets? Just respond "ME" if you do. Respond "NOT ME" if you don't (You can also respond with what you are desiring). This should be good, lol.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Just out of curiosity, how many people here want jets? Just respond "ME" if you do. Respond "NOT ME" if you don't (You can also respond with what you are desiring). This should be good, lol.
Then you can ask 'how many of you actually got jets', then do the math and then we can finally see the answer to what % get jets!!! :icon_boun:bigeyes2_

MikeTyson

Regsiterde Uesr
Thanks for the Link.

right now I want:

1. C-2
2. E-2
3. SH-60
4. what the hell, just gimme something and put me in san diego. :)

FelixTheGreat

World's greatest pilot and occasional hero
pilot
Do any of you guys know how long it takes to get the final thumbs up after you resubmit you package for final select? I just finished everything (MEPS & PRT) about a week ago after getting pro-recd. I am just curious how long it takes to get word that you are a final select.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Do any of you guys know how long it takes to get the final thumbs up after you resubmit you package for final select? I just finished everything (MEPS & PRT) about a week ago after getting pro-recd. I am just curious how long it takes to get word that you are a final select.

Normally, one month. It is probably the fastest part of the process assuming a board is meeting the following month.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Anywhere from a couple days up to a couple months. Try to get your mind off it.

ryanber

Yeah, I've heard that alot of guys now are wanting the big planes over the smaller fighters...so that they are set up for flying commercial when they get out of the service. Altleast not everyone wants the same thing, now, whether it be F/A-18s, E-2Cs, C-2s, etc... Who here does not want jets? I'm just trying to see what the ratio is now-a-days (of jets to non-jets).

MikeTyson

Regsiterde Uesr
you aren't going to find a reliable ratio... you're asking for a sample of like 5 people out of an applicant pool in the thousands...

but for conversation, id prefer to avoid jets because id rather live in san diego than fresno.

ryanber

Okay all, I am in kind of a dilema here, so I could use some advice. I graduate in May 08' (less than a year away). I am applying for the BDCP program, and was going to try for SNA option. I still have to get PRK surgery for my eyes, and one of my eyes is a -3.25, which means that I will have to wait 6 months before I can submit the rest of my application for Final Select. This means that it would be possibly January, which is only one semester before I graduate. My chances of getting into BDCP will be slim to none, so I've heard. My OSO just informed me of an option I could try...

I can apply for SNFO under BDCP and get accepted for Final Select, which means I will start to get paid. As soon as that is happens I can go get the PRK surgery through my primary health provider and after the 6 months is up (for my eyes to stabilize) I can "reapply" for SNA under BDCP. He says that it is sort-of like a Lateral Transfer. He said he did it, and he has seen one other guy try it and get it.

My question is...Has anyone heard of or seen this type of applying for SNA? What do you think my chances of this working are? Any helpful advice or knowledge will be appreciated. Thanks!

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Okay all, I am in kind of a dilema here, so I could use some advice. I graduate in May 08' (less than a year away). I am applying for the BDCP program, and was going to try for SNA option. I still have to get PRK surgery for my eyes, and one of my eyes is a -3.25, which means that I will have to wait 6 months before I can submit the rest of my application for Final Select. This means that it would be possibly January, which is only one semester before I graduate. My chances of getting into BDCP will be slim to none, so I've heard. My OSO just informed me of an option I could try...
I thought you couldn't apply for BDCP if you were 12 months out or less... I could be wrong though. I haven't even applied yet.

On further research, I guess I'm completely wrong. I can't find a single thing about that being the case. Not sure why I thought it was.