• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay

acwildcat

pilot
I swore into BDCP earlier this month and I was wondering from all you BDCP guys about how long it took you to get your first pay check from the time you swore in. Thanks a lot!

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Mine took a little more than 2 months I think. The payments in the beginning were really erratic both in timing and amounts. It all worked out in the end though.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Same as Lazer's... You will get paid from the day you swore in, though your check might be a few months delayed. Don't forget about BAH, my PSD told my recruiter initially I wasn't supposed to get it, but that was corrected eventually too.

Congrats, what were you picked up for?

coredukes

None
I swore in on December 10th and I had my first check in the bank on January 1st. I think I was quite lucky considering how long it took everyone else to get paid. Good luck

le lyon

NFO BDCP'er
It also took about me about two months. It was awesome getting a huge first paycheck, though, on account of the back pay. Congrats on swearing in!

acwildcat

pilot
Same as Lazer's... You will get paid from the day you swore in, though your check might be a few months delayed. Don't forget about BAH, my PSD told my recruiter initially I wasn't supposed to get it, but that was corrected eventually too.

Congrats, what were you picked up for?

Thanks! I got picked for SNA. I'm pretty excited about it

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
It took me around 6 weeks for the first check. After that, it took a about three checks before they all started being for the same amount. I'd also like to second the hiccups comment from above. Periodically your pay will get messed up (i.e. it doesn't magically make the trip from the Navy's coffers to your pocket), but it shouldn't ever take too long to resolve if you're watching out for it.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Echo ASHWND, You get paid from day 1. You technically get paid after you have been in the DEERS system for a full pay period (1-15, 15-1). For me it took a month the recieve my first paycheck. It may vary where you live but all the retro pay makes for a nice first check. Got about 4k on my.

redsox06

BDCP SWO
I swore in during the middle of May (FEB 09 pro-rec). I got my first direct deposit on July 7th (which was bizarre). I'm still trying to figure everything out with mypay, etc. But I was told to expect it to be around 6 weeks to get my first check. It ended up being 7.