• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP - Major?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csnaer542

Hey everyone. I just turned 21 and have been a flight instructor for a year and a half..I have been taking a few classes at ERAU towards a professional aeronautics degree. Is this conidered a technical degree or a non-tech?
From what I understand from my recruiter is that for technical degrees you may be able to apply for BDCP as far out as 3 years from graduation and thats about where I am..2.5 yars or so..I also have almost 1000 hours flight time CFI/CFII. will this help if i recieve good scores on the ASTB? I take that in a few weeks. Been studying hard. Thanks in advance for the help!

"Dreams do come true to those who dare to face the challenge!"

StrikeEagle

Hey, sorry I dont have an answer to your question. I was wondering whcih Riddle you are at. I am in Daytona. I was in the AFROTC program but am looking into BDCP now. Shoot me a response and hopefully we can talk. Thanks.

navy101

I don't think aerosci is considered a tech degree. Atleast from what I was told when I applied to bdcp two years ago.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
csn,

everything helps. The more you have to show the better off you are. Also not sure about when to put in your package. I'd start now. You have a better chance at getting an SNA slot 2-3 years down the road through BDCP than any other way. Apply early and often.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.