• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNLa

Could someone who is married and already in BDCP please clear a few things up for me?

It is my understanding that once you swear in for BDCP you are active duty military getting paid as an E3. Is this correct? Do you receive ALL allowances for which you qualify (ie, housing, food)? Do spouses and children also qualify for medical and dental benefits?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

punac

Also your time in school counts towards retirement, you accrue leave, and when you take leave you are not charged for it. You can also make it to E-5/E-7 depending on major, while in school. BDCP is a great program!!

jaerose

Don't forget insurance...a big point for the married BDCPers.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
And, to add to this, (which is cool) your spouse gets a life insurance policy just like you (I think it is $100,000, and it costs like $6.18 per month). Not too shabby.

D

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Military life insurance IS 250,000 ...... but for you, the person serving the military. The spouse is the one that gets the 100,000 life insurance policy.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.