• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

bathrooms on aircraft carriers

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Those aircraft have seen some shit, man. Speaking of that, commercial airliners have several more bathrooms than military ones, as well.

phrogpilot73

Speaking of 50-80 years...when does a pilot look at the acceptance plate on the model and go hmm, this B-52/P-3/Phrog/C-130 is 75 years old...I don't give a fuck what you say, MX Control, this plane is DOWN!
I don't know about the P-3, but in the Phrog world... The older it is, the more reliable. I've rolled to the backup on our "newest" aircraft that have less than 10k hours on the airframe. Our aircraft that was delivered in '67 and has 11k hours on the airframe? Never had it go down on me...

MasterBates

The older Hummers were more reliable in my squadron, but they also had been upgraded to the current config the most recently.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of 50-80 years...when does a pilot look at the acceptance plate on the model and go hmm, this B-52/P-3/Phrog/C-130 is 75 years old...I don't give a fuck what you say, MX Control, this plane is DOWN!

Which is why you'll be flying the Triton in a couple of years....!!!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The older Hummers were more reliable in my squadron, but they also had been upgraded to the current config the most recently.

Not sure why, but in the RAG, the old Bravos that are about as old as I am were the ones that were always up. Not related to mx status, but I will also submit that each of the 3 class A's / write offs that happened while I was there involved lot 17/18 chucks. I'm convinced that the Bro has luck and/or a forcefield on its side.

delta215

As an AT2 on the Big E, our shop was on the 03 level on the starboard side all the way aft. Right next to the head that was constantly in use by the 80 man berthing across. There was something about that head that always made it malfunction, either it was too far "down the line" or just from general age of the ship...

Needless to say, I spent as much time on deck as I could during working hours. Barf.

Always preferred the Nimitz class boats myself.

Renegade One

None
So…you don't wanna fly our stuff any longer? You should probably go speak with the Skipper…or the base Chaplain. We've got nothing for you here in MX….

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
No. Airborne dumps SUCK in most non P/C type aircraft.

Yea, and it generally doesn't involve flushing. Some things pooping whilst airborne does involve:

1. A large, heavy duty black trash bag. Or a helmet bag. Or, if you're one guy in my old squadron, a sandwich sized zip loc bag. At least it wasn't the flip top kind.

2. Figuring out which article of clothing you're going to sacrifice if you're SOL on the toilet paper front or don't have any baby wipes. You know the dump on the plane is definitely going to involve some serious clean up on aisle 9...I was always of the theory that my boxers would be the sacrificial lamb. Boots without socks is just downright uncomfortable, and no t shirt with your flight suit looks ridiculous, but a flight suit without boxers? Strangely liberating.

3. Deciding where you are going to put the biological episode once you're done with it. Doppler well? Next to your favorite O-4 NFO who just happens to be sleeping while you transit the straits of (insert geographic location near everyone's favorite bad guy country)? In the galley trashcan?

4. Determining how much your bar tab is going to be to pay for beers for everyone on board who has been graced with your essence.

5. Exhibiting the appropriate level of pride you're going to display as you walk what was formerly a part of your lower intestine into the nearest dumpster once you're safely on deck.

6. How strangely relaxed you are while rectifying the aforementioned biological incident even though you're shut in a closet with no windows, 3 out of 4 lights broken, flight suit around your ankles and your survival gear strewn about you, knowing the 2P and 3P are flying and that there's nothing you can do to help if the proverbial doo doo hits the fan. Good thing there's a fuselage rescue cut out that the instructors like to point out only takes an HOUR AND A HALF to hack through with a crash axe. Comforting.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
The fact you've put so much thought about this speaks volumes about your community. Unmitigated shitting in a Cobra is borderline no-go criteria.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, but you can just pullover and land, hop out real quick, do your business, and take back off.:)