• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Barber in Pensacola?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
That's weird. I don't like it. But thanks for that, it was informative.

And to think that some people don't like AW! Pffft

OscarMyers

None
Just got here a couple weeks ago, and looking for a good hair cut. I try to stay away from salons and prefer a place that can give a good straight razor shave and has good stack of vintage car and nudie magazines. Any updates on the above mentioned gouge?

KBayDog

Just got here a couple weeks ago, and looking for a good hair cut. I try to stay away from salons and prefer a place that can give a good straight razor shave and has good stack of vintage car and nudie magazines. Any updates on the above mentioned gouge?

If you're near Pace, I'll third/fourth/fifth John's II (3682 Hwy 90, on the westbound side between Woodbine and Chumuckla Hwy). Don't go there if you're in a rush, but if you've got time and want a great cut with a straight razor shave, they'll treat you right.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Suzie in the Whiting BOQ. Good cut, good price, head and shoulder massage, and you can go grab a beer next door afterwards.
Suzie in the Q at Southfield. I rarely spend more that 15 minutes in there...sometimes more if the price is right is on.

Holy thread bump!

By the way, guys, Suzie finally retired about a year or so ago... yep. She was definitely a fixture at Whiting Field and a lot of us went to her for our Mk 1, Mod 0, "taper the sides to a #1 and take a little off the top" haircut. Before Whiting, she started out cutting hair at Ellyson Field (before it closed in the early 1970s).

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
If you're near Pace, I'll third/fourth/fifth John's II (3682 Hwy 90, on the westbound side between Woodbine and Chumuckla Hwy). Don't go there if you're in a rush, but if you've got time and want a great cut with a straight razor shave, they'll treat you right.

I've gone to Johns II for the last two years and they have always been good to me. I agree that the wait can be long sometimes and Im not a huge fan of their hours, but they are close to home and do quality work. About to get my last haircut from them before I PCS on friday, then I get to start the search for a good barber all over again out at Pendleton.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
When I got my last haircut from Suzie after I winged, I told her that unfortunately I'd have to find a new barber when I PCS'd.

She said "You don't let them give you high and tight...you are aviator now!"