• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BAH Pay with BDCP

navyboy4415

How does BAH pay work with BDCP? For example I go to school at Pittsburgh and the BAH is $750/month but where I LIVE the BAH is $1050/month. Do I get districted by where I go to school or where I live during the summer/breaks?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does BAH pay work with BDCP? For example I go to school at Pittsburgh and the BAH is $750/month but where I LIVE the BAH is $1050/month. Do I get districted by where I go to school or where I live during the summer/breaks?

It's based on where you are stationed (zip code of your duty station), not where you choose to live.

Brett

Tom

pilot
Contributor
My home is in Minneapolis, but I get BAH for Grand Forks, ND. BAH stays the same for the summer.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick

Seeing how you're at school more than where you "LIVE", getting BAH at your school seems fair to me. $750/mo is better than the $0/mo a normal college student gets.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seeing how you're at school more than where you "LIVE", getting BAH at your school seems fair to me. $750/mo is better than the $0/mo a normal college student gets.

The obvious problem with not doing it by duty station is that people drawing BAH would have an incentive to live in the most expensive neighborhoods. Why would/should the Navy tolerate that? If that were the case, I'd be living on the beach in La Jolla.

Brett

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know of a girl who was BDCP and used her home of record for BAH purposes instead of her duty station. She was better off financially for doing it. Our recruiter didn't have a problem with it so it couldn't have been that out of the norm.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The obvious problem with not doing it by duty station is that people drawing BAH would have an incentive to live in the most expensive neighborhoods. Why would/should the Navy tolerate that? If that were the case, I'd be living on the beach in La Jolla.

Brett

Concur. That's why people live in Chula-juana...your dollar goes further.