• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bad Day Refueling

MasterBates

Fucking work computers have Youtube blocked. I hate corporate IT.

Nevermind the internets are my entertainment when I am basically watching paint dry 13+ hours a day.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Bet they wish they didn't have their squadron painted on the boom!

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Bet they wish they didn't have their squadron painted on the boom!

That is a bad day... Tanker's autopilot disengaged and the guys in the NATO AWACS had to unload the jet. There's a reason we put everyone in belts when we AR. It happens every once and awhile. Didn't help that the guy was waaay inside the envelope after the disconnect.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
That is a bad day... Tanker's autopilot disengaged and the guys in the NATO AWACS had to unload the jet. There's a reason we put everyone in belts when we AR. It happens every once and awhile. Didn't help that the guy was waaay inside the envelope after the disconnect.

Was the disconnect automatic when the autopilot went? This refueling business is foreign to me.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Was the disconnect automatic when the autopilot went? This refueling business is foreign to me.
Nah man. If you look closely, you'll notice that shortly after the boom disconnects from the AWACS, the tanker dives ever so slightly, causing the receiver to dive. The boom disconnected because the AWACS was outside the boom's envelope. Sometimes when a receiver has a large enough bow wave, the tanker's autopilot will kick off because it can't keep up with the pitch requirements.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
KJOYCE1026
Why did you rate my post "disagree"? All it did was link to an interesting video. Do you think it was a good day refueling? Just curious, not biggie in the grand scheme of things...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't normally say anything, but I finally made it into the basket on the first try today, so I get to say That was absolutely heinous.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Pretty glad I don't have to try and plug into a tanker. When we get low on gas...we go home!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Video reminded me of scoolbubba trying to maintain altitude during steep turns as a 3P.... 2P.... PPC.... ah well, copilot.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When we get low on gas...we go home!
We know... not that anyone noticed. :D FWIW, my longest flight in a Prowler is almost as long as my longest flight in a P-3. The downside is, there's no room for my hammock and sleeping bag in the Prowler.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We know... not that anyone noticed. :D FWIW, my longest flight in a Prowler is almost as long as my longest flight in a P-3. The downside is, there's no room for my hammock and sleeping bag in the Prowler.
How long? 13.5 on 15JUL03 out in C7F is my longest flight in my logbook, U11.5. 4.5 sleeping in the rack :D Think HAL said he flew a 13.6 or something flight.