• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

background check

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorby23

My friend was supposed to leave for OIS a few months ago but the date was postponed twice because the background check was incomplete. Should my friend be concerned?

WFU2USN

gorby,

Unless your friend has something to be concerned about in their background, it shouldn't be a big deal. It can take time to complete the background checks, especially if the person has lived in several different places. so I wouldn't sweat it yet.

IS1(SCW)

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
I was recently pro-rec'd for pilot, and now have to complete the EPSQ (security questionnaire). Two years ago I was charged with two felonies, but nothing came of it. I have to put these on the EPSQ so will this be a problem? It doesn't ask anything on the application about this that I initially did for the Navy, so why would it be a problem?

JKD

Warlord,

a couple points...
1-answer the question the EPSQ asks. Being accused of a crime (arrested, then being dismissed or plea-bargained down to a lesser crime) does not mean you are guilty of the crime (or that the crime is on your record). If you are asked for a criminal record, then list what you have been convicted of. If you are asked if you have ever been accused of a crime, then list the ones you have been accused of (you will have time to explain what happen if it matters).
As a part time deputy, law enforcement can charge someone with anything (well almost), but it is up to the court system to decide/prove they actually did it.

2 - The average pilot should only need a secret level clearance. This will not be as involved as the clearance required for some other programs (Intel, crypto).

I wouldn't stress to much. Just look at what they are asking for in the question, and answer it.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
dsweeney,

thanks for taking the time to respond. i feel a little bit better about it now, and also due to the fact that i wasn't convicted of anything. i'll be sure and fill out everything accurately... dern florida coppers!

thanks again,
warlord

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's some more advice.... same the file you have for the EPSQ. I believe there are two types...save either or both. You're going to need that later when you do the SF86 yet again. I think I've done it 4 times now between my time as a civilian DOD bubba, OCS, and aviation. I had saved it on an old computer that went somewhere (probably the trash). I should have been smarter.

Also, I know that my pipeline requires top secret clearence. Don't most (if not all) aviation pipelines require that?

Status
Not open for further replies.