• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-O-O-O-O-O-O-ring !!!

exhelodrvr

pilot
Here's a sea story I have been debating on posting. Partly because I don't want any "extra" attention as I am not a chest thumping, "look at meeee" kind of guy, and partly because if I told the whole story it would be 10 pages long...

Did the MOB have floatation gear on?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Interesting ... ??? INTERESTING ... ??? You postulate that ANYTHING Canadian might be "interesting", eh .. ??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

We're going to have a MOD-SQUAD conference re: your perfidious comment(s), "eddie" ... if that really IS your name, Hozer-wannabe ...

We may have to ban you in the interest of the welfare of this website, international relations, our common border w/ our 51st state, Canadian maple syrup, and the French & Indian War ...

:)))

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I say, Busybee604 and rondebmar need to start posting. Come on you two, give up with a few sea stories.:)

Steve
Brownshoe, I have a number of first hand stories I wrote quite a while ago (when I could type) that are stored in my computer. Is there any way I can upload them onto an AW thread like here. Unfortunately Arthritis has totally crippled my hands & fingers and I can only type with 1 finger (Verrryyy slowly) so no long tales are physically possible.
I do have some pics I can post but I only know how to do that as an attachment to a post.
I have written a detailed account of the loss of Busy Bee 604 & the amazing SAR events. but it's way too long to post here. If you PM me your reg. e-mail address, I'll send you a couple of the stories as an attachment & you can tell me the best way to work it?? Hai Dozo!
BzB:confused:

brownshoe

Contributor
Brownshoe, I have a number of first hand stories I wrote quite a while ago (when I could type) that are stored in my computer. Is there any way I can upload them onto an AW thread like here. Unfortunately Arthritis has totally crippled my hands & fingers and I can only type with 1 finger (Verrryyy slowly) so no long tales are physically possible.
I do have some pics I can post but I only know how to do that as an attachment to a post.
I have written a detailed account of the loss of Busy Bee 604 & the amazing SAR events. but it's way too long to post here. If you PM me your reg. e-mail address, I'll send you a couple of the stories as an attachment & you can tell me the best way to work it?? Hai Dozo!
BzB:confused:

Hugh,

I'm PM'ing my email address to you, we'll get 'er done.

Steve

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Am I the only one who thinks that 99 & 44/100% of what's been on this website over the past ... let's say, 4-5 days .... has been a snoozer ... ??? :confused::sleep_125 Important to a few, perhaps ... a sleeper to the masses ... ???

Where's flyin' ... where's operational "stuff" ... where's cruise "stuff" ... where's sea stories ... where's history ... where's tradition ... where's the beef ... ???

I need a vacation.

Which type of tequila would you recommend for making that perfect margarita?

Or is it just in the limes? :icon_smil

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
OK!! You guys asked for it...tomorrow...repeat tomorrow...I got a "TINS" tale...esp. for "paddles"...hang in there, A4's!! :D

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
H60Gunner

Hugh,

I'm PM'ing my email address to you, we'll get 'er done.

Steve
I would like to reiterate what H60Gunner said so eloquently about "chest thumping" & "lookee me". It's not my bag either. I don't mind sharing with anyone genuinely interested, otherwise I keep my Irish mouth closed.
BzB:p Wishin' they had a 4-leaf clover icon!

brownshoe

Contributor
I would like to reiterate what H60Gunner said so eloquently about "chest thumping" & "lookee me". It's not my bag either. I don't mind sharing with anyone genuinely interested, otherwise I keep my Irish mouth closed.
BzB:p Wishin' they had a 4-leaf clover icon!

Please share!

I understand from your PM's to me. I'll chat with you before I post anything you send me.:)

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Which type of tequila would you recommend for making that perfect margarita?

Or is it just in the limes? :icon_smil

It's the "technique" ... there's a LOT of good tequilas out there now that never existed prior to the 30-something set "discovering" it ... in a way, it's kinda' like mussels -- when I was a kid, you NEVER ate mussels -- they were for bait ONLY ... but now, people pay big $$$$ for them in tony bars & restaurants .. ??? Same goes for tequila, and quite frankly -- most nouveau-riche vodkas.

As w/ a lot of alcohol, I don't think it makes too much difference what you use IF you're gonna' mix it -- you can get away w/ bar-grade stuff in most cases, like mixing a margarita, por ejemplo ...

BUT: some lower end (and middle) tequila's are a little "bitey" and mixing them DOES NOT cover up that fact ... but price-wise, I don't think you can go too wrong w/ a price-point of Cuervo Gold as a base-line and then go on up in price & relative quality ... it's just what you're willing to pay ... and personal preference.

You will need to mix the tequila w/ a proportion of Cointreau and float a little Gran Marnier on top, of course ... :)

I will say one thing: if you squeeze your own fresh lime juice and make your own "simple sugar" ... that makes all the difference in the world w/ the finished product. Don't use the off-the-shelf varieties of lime juice or pre-mixes ... they taste phony, semi "medicinal", and generally suck. :)

Suggested starting point for a great Margarita:

5 parts fresh squeezed lime juice ... of course ... :D
5 parts tequila of your choice ...
3 parts Cointreau ...
1-2 parts simple sugar (to taste -- experiment) ...
Float some Gran Marnier on top ...
Sea salt/no salt ... on the rim or in the glass ...
On the rocks ... NEVER BLENDED ... in some really, really COLD glasses
Slice/twist of lime ...

Massage it and mix the proportions to suit YOUR tastes ...

Enjoy, Señor
... :D

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Looks like they replaced the wood at the LSO platform.

USSLexingtonLSOplatform.jpg

A4Skyhawk.jpg

The Lady Lex has definitely seen better days. :(